Spider Room Renovations

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Over the past few months Martin (Tarcan) and I have been renovating our spider rooms… most of the work was done on the adult/female room (new terrariums, shelving, the works), but we did a lot of reorganizing in the spiderling/juvenile room as well.

I have to say that I REALLY appreciate the changes, since I spend 5 to 8 hours a day in these rooms taking care of the animals. :D

Martin already posted these pictures in the Canadian forum, but Mori suggested we post them here for everyone else to see.

First, our spiderling/juvenile room.

Attachments

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Next is the female room.

Martin mentioned in the Canadian thread that the pictures were hard to take since the ceiling is very high and the rows are a little tight.

To clarify how the pictures were taken, there are two doors to go into the female room, so there is one row on each wall and a double row in the middle, between the two doors. My little work desk is at the back of the room, in front of the window.

Attachments

Last edited:

harmroelf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
maybe you crossed that specific line:eek: i think personally that this is insane!:?

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The Red Queen said:
Martin mentioned in the Canadian thread that the pictures were hard to take since the ceiling is very high and the rows are a little tight.

To clarify how the pictures were taken, there are two doors to go into the female room, so there is one row on each wall and a double row in the middle, between the two doors. My little work desk is at the back of the room, in front of the window.
So, from top left to right, what do you keep?
;)

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Crotalus said:
So, from top left to right, what do you keep?
;)
Hum...

I think that would exceed the character limit for a post here, lol!

OK, maybe I can give you a brief list... from the left…

In the first pic of the adult room the first shelf is mature and immature males, the second is New World arboreal species, the third is Africans species.

Pic #2, the first 2 shelves are New World terrestrial species, the third is dwarf species.

Pic #3, New World terrestrial species.

Pic #4 Asian.

I think I should also mention (because it is hard to see in the pictures) that on the New World and Asian racks where you see 2 terrariums side-by-side on a shelf, there are also 2 more terrariums behind those. You can only really see it in the 4th pic… on the top shelf there is a terrarium with a pink lid behind the blue.

Last edited:

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Thanks for the explanation, Amanda :)

You guys run a great operation :D

Mori

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
HI,

Pic #2, the first 2 shelves are New World terrestrial species, the third is dwarf species.

Pic #3, New World terrestrial species.

Pic #4 Asian.
and where are the african ? ;)

BTW: Looking very great.

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Hi Timo,

T.Raab said:
and where are the african ? ;)

BTW: Looking very great.
The Red Queen said:
In the first pic of the adult room the first shelf is mature and immature males, the second is New World arboreal species, the third is Africans species.
Pic #1 :)

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ya know, thats way too many for me, but i started thinking... its pretty cool you guys share the same passion like that. but that is a heck of alot of spiders... wow.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
WOW that is alot!!!!!!!!! how many do you have in count???

id really love to have my shelves like that, so awesome!

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
What a nice collection and so tidy! :D So... how much time did you say you spend feeding them all?

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
solaceofwinter said:
its pretty cool you guys share the same passion like that.
Did you know I met my husband here on Arachnoboards 3 years ago? :D

@ demonhunter : I am currently working on counting the inventory... I'll have to get back to you on that.

@ Anthony : It's not a chore, it's a full time job :eek:

@ Cirith Ungol : It breaks down to 4 to 7 hours feeding, and another, plus an hour or more cleaning, sorting, rehousing, packing, etc.

@ EVERYONE : I am glad you like it :D If anyone is in the Montreal area and wants to stop by to see the new rooms, just email or PM me or Martin (Tarcan)... these animals are a lot more fun when they can be shared with other people {D

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
The Red Queen said:
@ Cirith Ungol : It breaks down to 4 to 7 hours feeding, and another, plus an hour or more cleaning, sorting, rehousing, packing, etc.

@ EVERYONE : I am glad you like it :D If anyone is in the Montreal area and wants to stop by to see the new rooms, just email or PM me or Martin (Tarcan)... these animals are a lot more fun when they can be shared with other people {D
Add an hour of guided tours :D

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
thats an amazing collection you two have!!! puts the local pet store to shame a thousand fold. i thought i needed to get some shelving going for my ts :rolleyes: i couldn't fill one of those shelves completely. but it just seems like a have too many cause my room is so small.

mcm

Arachnopeon
That's just a great room to spend 4>5 hours a day.

Thanks for sharing.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Amanda - Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them. It sounds like your business is booming, congratulations!

Apophis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
That really is an AMAZING collection... I can only dream of a collection like that...
And that line between hobby and mental illness? i think you're on the verge of crossing it! ;) j/k