GBB breeding

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Has anyone successfully bred this species? I know they are hard to breed and the male gets eaten more often than some other species. How big are the sacs?

Andrew vV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmmm, well Im not sure if they are considered "hard" to breed but....
Sacs are about golf ball size, and number of eggs can vary as usual.
Do you have a pair you are trying to breed??

Cheers,
Andrew

surena

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have heard of successful breeding with multiple males. I have also heard that a lot of the males do not know what to do when they are put in female's enclosure. I will be breeding this specie very soon, so I’ll let you know how it goes :)

surena

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
After doing a little search here is what I found.
Just like I said it ;)
Good luck if you are going to breed this specie. I hope you'll end up with lost of little ones. I think this spider is very beautiful. :)

Arachnophiles

Arachnopeon
Hi Snipes,

It took two males for me to have any success. Although the first was very small in comparison to her, he was very keen (infact the female even more so). But every time he tried to lift her he'd get so far and then bottle it.......I don't know whether she was too heavy or what. Suffice to say he was eaten.

However the second male, who was of a similar size to the female, went in there no problems and did his job. I had to separate them afterwards, so make sure you're on guard.

On each occasion it took both males anywhere from 20 min up to a few hours to actually do the business. They appear to 'freeze' (as Surena said "appears they don't know what to do”), but patience is a virtue ;)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Adam.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had 3 eggsacs from this species... patience is definetly key IME.

I've never lost a male to the female, but have had females try their best to get the male. I've seen 3+ hours of courtship prior to mating before.