Unidentified Chilean species

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a group of this species dropped off to me by a friend.

These were collected in southern Chile, in a mature Nothofagus forest. The males have tendency to be found on the trees themselves, while the females have burrows at the base of the trees.

I have a decent guess as to what species this is, but I'm not throwing it out there yet.

A group of adult Euathlus vulpinus also came in with these specimens, but where collected in a different area. They're apparently not sympatric in that area.

Here is a female:

Here is an ultimate male:

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is that male really metallic silver on it's carapace or is that an artifact of pic/moniter/etc?

Amazing looking

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is that male really metallic silver on it's carapace or is that an artifact of pic/moniter/etc?
It's not your monitor... they're gorgeous.

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow! They are truly something else... I hope you manage to get a good egg sac or two - good luck Eric!

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WOW! They are beautiful! Could that be a red mirror patch? Grammastola sp?

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
WOW Breed them!! Im sure Im not the only one drooling allover my keyboard!!! WOW WOW WOW!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Nice spider Eric. I reacently saw pictures of this spiecies over on the Tarantula store forum. I did a quick search but cant remember who posted the pics. Good luck with them:clap:

Larkin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,
Here in my country identically looking T's, also collected in Chile, are sold as Euathlus truculentus. But I don't know if this ID is correct.
Your specimens looks freshly molted. Those which I have seen were much pale. In spite of all I liked them. But this two looks fabulous :clap:

Cheers,
Tom

Last edited:

kyle_de_aussie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mate this is spectacular and the way the setae is on the very back of the abdomen in those little tuft formations looks very cool to,
great looking t mate

Twysted

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would have to agree, those are some awsome looking T's... good luck with the breeding, hope to see some slings in the future.]

:D

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Eric,
Nice Paraphysa sp., possibly P.parvula. Good luck with them, beautiful, I hope they are, would be quite a nice find ;)

Steve

Czalz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lucky!!!!! That's a stinkin awesome t. Those are amazing color patterns...I want one.:drool:

SSW.com

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cacoseraph said:

Amazing looking

Its more like a Greenish metallic than silver when you see them in person. ;)

Joel Miller

Last edited:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Paraphysa?:eek: Is this true? They are stunning! What is the size at maturity? How is the temperament? Will they be identified anytime soon? And most importantly... when will they be available in the hobby?:D

I seem to have developed an affinity for this genus. I'm not really fond of dwarf species in general, but gosh, those little scrofa are just a great species.:eek: