breeding emperor scorpions

cul3one104

Arachnopeon
Hi, I want to breed my emperor scorpions. Can someone tell me what do I need and what I need to do? Please reply with full detail, because I really don't have a clue what to do. The most detail the better. thank you

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, I wont tell you ways to do it "by the book", but I will give you my recommendations.

Increase the tank size to approx 20 gal long. Sex the scorps and keep a three female to one male ratio (I have found this ratio works very well with every species I have kept). Make sure humidity is well into 80% range as well as temp well into the low to mid 80s range. If you have no flat, smooth stones, you'll need some. I also recommend a dried out piece of wood, in the case they decide they would rather breed on wood. They must both be large enough that the scorpions can spin around in their mating dance without eigther scorp falling off. You should dust the crickets with calcium to better ready the scorps for mating and birthing young for females. I have noticed this more with breeding Hadrurus as they require it or calci sand. Don't bother with any lighting for the time being, as they will not need it and will be breeding around the clock. This is what works for me. Anyone else have any other suggestions???

adios,
edw.