would a scorpion drink this stuff?(JuarassiQuench)

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im sure it would be fine, it looks like it adds some nutrients to the diet of ur scorp. But they again scorpions dont drink often, Virtually all of the water they need comes from the prey they eat. They often use water to help clean themselvese but whooo knows, itd be fione if u got it

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
that stuff is known also as cricket drink. its ok for crickets, but i would just stick to water if you want to let your scorp have a drink.

cheers...

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
canadianscorp said:
that stuff is known also as cricket drink. its ok for crickets, but i would just stick to water if you want to let your scorp have a drink.

cheers...
yea thats what i was thinkin...im a curious person

Last edited:

Empwrangler

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I believe you have the wrong product. The right one is called SCORP QUENCH. It replaces the electrolytes lost during intense burrowing and extended foraging.

Just messin with ya jungle guts.
I wouldnt pay for it
but if you try it and it works let us know.

Experimintation has led to some interesting discoveries in the past.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ha Scorp Quench huh. yea well anyway i may give it a try. I def. wouldnt replace it for water though.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldn't use it but that's just me. I rather use water and use the money to buy that on crickets/whatever food.

NrthCstInverts

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i think alot of the quencher/gel drinks are probably not the best thing in the world for scorps, T's, Millis, etc.... if given to them straight. i think they Do consume it, but it in turn can make them feel "full" so to speak and prevent them from eating solid foods that they actually need.

I think your better off sticking with clean water and gut loading the crickets and other feeder insects and such with the gel.

.02 for what its worth

NrthCstInverts

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The other thought i just had is this......
After reading over the ingredients of that quencher it says it has some calcium in it. Calcium can be detremental to the hardness of the exoskeleton of T's and Scorps. It may not be aparent at first but even if the invert takes this stuff and likes it and it works for you..... LONG TERM its gonna be bad for them.

Hwydrone

Arachnopeon
That stuff is nothing but overpriced jello. It's a marketing gimmic. Sure it looks cool but would you really want someone replacing your drinking water with gelatin? Aside from the product claims there's no way to prove it's more beneficial than water. Save your money and buy more scorps!

Last edited:

intrepidus6

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
At the pet store I go to they have this:

http://turtlecafe.com/showproduct.pl?prodid=83

And on the top of it it has a little sticker that says "Ideal for taratulas and scorpions" I have been buying it for my feeder crickets, superworms, and mealworms, which all seem to drink it, however I have never given it to a scorp, nor do I ever plan to. I think the store puts the stickers on it, not the company, I kind of wonder if they put it on there just to try and get me to buy more of it because I am always asking for scorpion supllies :?
On the label it says "Safe for all feeder insects" but nothing about scorpions.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah aquabites etc are really only good for crickets/roaches which obatin the majority of their moisture from the decaying food they eat,

@ intrepid, that stuff looks pretty cool may buy some

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"JurassiQuench™ is the only calcium and Vitamin C enriched water source for insects and arachnids. Eliminates extra costs due to drowned insects (water bowls) and eliminates the need for unsightly moldy sponges."

Hrmm well atleast they've mentioned the sponge issue? but referring to it as unsightly rather than unhealthy? I'd just stick to a water dish.