Los Angeles museum of natural history show

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
this weekend!

May 19-20, 2007

i wasn't sure if i can go but it is seeming more and more irresistible. plus the man yells at your at pomona IRBA if you play with your bugs =P

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes the time is here once again for this fun show, I will be there again helping out the Krazy 8 folks as Chris will be in Pomona working that show.....
Hope to see a few of you there..... Greg

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes the time is here once again for this fun show, I will be there again helping out the Krazy 8 folks as Chris will be in Pomona working that show.....
Hope to see a few of you there..... Greg
bloody hell. i was hoping to catch chris and the gigantea at the NHM show. "want to touch the hiney"

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
bloody hell. i was hoping to catch chris and the gigantea at the NHM show. "want to touch the hiney"
That creature was definitely a sight to see but unfortunately he no longer has it.... :( I am sure he has a few other fun things to send but I think more of the less defensive inverts will be going to this show seeing there are a lot of kids and non invert/reptile types that come to this show. I normally bring my 4 pokie setup but this time even that will not be with me as the regalis in the set is sitting on a sac so I don't want to disturb her so I will have to see which of my critters want to come with me....
If anyone has a request for something they would like let me know and I will have Chris send it if he has it....;) Greg

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bug SHow

HEllo ALl,
HEy CAco, LEt me know for sure if you are coming I can bring my Sc robusta, perhaps she is in the mood to be touch?????
She is not as big and nice as the one Sc gigantea that Chris had (I wonder what happen to it????) but she is a decent size.

regards

FT

PS Stop by and say hello at the Insectadventure booth.

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll be there sunday as well, see if Chris has ant T.Gigas going out there i want a couple, if so put them to the side for me if you can.
David are you working the show? if so bring some of the H.Gigas as well. and i'll be havin a giga day
Thanks, Warren

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
HEllo ALl,
HEy CAco, LEt me know for sure if you are coming I can bring my Sc robusta, perhaps she is in the mood to be touch?????
She is not as big and nice as the one Sc gigantea that Chris had (I wonder what happen to it????) but she is a decent size.

regards

FT

PS Stop by and say hello at the Insectadventure booth.
ahahahahha!!! as long as you will be their saturday (sunday!? come on guys!) i would love to pet the pede!

edit:
ok, i just ordered new digicam memory cards so that i can take pics and make vids of the Bugfair... especially if i can play with Francisco's centipede :D

Last edited:

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll be there sunday as well, see if Chris has ant T.Gigas going out there i want a couple, if so put them to the side for me if you can.
David are you working the show? if so bring some of the H.Gigas as well. and i'll be havin a giga day
Thanks, Warren
Got you covered for the Taps. he already had them going to both shows...

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well...........

I WENT TODAY!!!

I was with Andrew (cacoseraph), Steven (buthus), and we went by Francisco's table (ftorres)

We had a blast. An amazingly good time.

I stopped by the krazy8sinvertibrates table, where I met Jeanne (Chris's girlfriend), as well as Greg, a friend of Chris'

I came away with 4 T's. My younger cousin got himself a Pampho fortis.

My T's are....

A. geniculata (i asked for a freebie after spending $127 on 3 T's :)D)

a Rear Horned Baboon!!! (Ceratogyrus bechuanicus???)

a N. coloratovillosus

and, a new Cyriopagopus sp. "Blue"!!!!! (my last sling died of unknown causes) :D :D :D

I also ATE A Mau Chai- Scolopendra subspinipes!!!!!!!!
There was an exibit on cooking with inverts.....and i volunteered!!!! Very chewey.......tasteless really, when sauteed with onions and tomato sauce. :lol:

My cousin ate a battered and deep-fried G. rosea leg (i know it sounds morbid and sad.....but this was a world-renowned bug chef that they had flown in from DC)
they even had a roach eating competition.

i got to hold a Scolopendra robusta that Cacoseraph got to hold for the first time!!! Beads of sweat were running down his face as he held it. Heck, if ANDREW was nervous......you KNOW that this pede is no pede to mess with!!! It was nearly a foot long, and a type that andrew had only ever seen once before in real life.
I felt confident by Andrew's performance, so I gave it a go as well (pictures to come later, as soon as he sends em to me!!!!)

Oh yeah, i almost got tagged by a P. cancerides at the krazy8s table!!! AWESOME :razz:

I plan on buying a Canon PowerShot S3 this week.........so ill have to post pics of my entire collection soon!!!

Sorry that there are no pics, but i need to buy that camera!!!
Coming soon......

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Insect Show

HEllo ALl,
Hey Guys it was truly a great experience meeting Caco and the gang,thanks for stoping by, it is always nice to put a face and a real name to people in this forum.
Caco thanks to you my Sc robusta is no longer a virgin, you hold her for the first time, I hope my Arizona centipede did not hurt your finger.

Let me tell you guys that caco put up a huge show, my table was surrounded by people and many,many cameras,Caco you will be famous man!!!

thanks for stoping by any other member is welcome to stop by and say hello at Booth #28.
My name is Francisco.

Regards
to all

PS By the way Canon Powershot S3 IS is a great camera to get, I have one myself but since I am bussy at the show I could not be taking pics with it so I took my Canon Sd 630 wich is also a great camera.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
oh man!

oh man!

seriously, it was great! i have to cook pictures and vid right now... but it was so awesome!

edit1:
[thread=93517]i made a thread about the 2007 LANHM Bugfair[/thread]

Last edited:

pwilfort

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sadly I miss both shows. I'll look forward for the next one. Any idea when there'll be another one?
Pen

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sadly I miss both shows. I'll look forward for the next one. Any idea when there'll be another one?
Pen
unfortunately i am terrible at keeping track of stuff like that

there is usually a bug show of some sort ever couple few months *somewhere*. if you want to send me an email through arachnoboards i will add you to the local list of bug people and typically i will try send "warning" emails of local events. well, in theory

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
theres one the last weekend of this month, but its in san diego at the scottish rite center. an hour or so drive from l.a. area

pwilfort

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi
Does anyone know if there is a show coming up here in the Los Angeles area?
Thanks

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi
Does anyone know if there is a show coming up here in the Los Angeles area?
Thanks
Cal poly pomona has a show in/around oct. and the pomona irba show will be coming up soon as well. as soon i have more detailed info i'll post it.
W