holy grail of tarantulas?

bpetty13

Arachnopeon
what do u guys consider to be like the rarest and most highly prized of the tarantulas that people are just dying to have?

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yep that is what this hobby is about, the rarest, most expensive, most wanted.

THERE IS NO HOLY GRAIL.

You know what my most prized and love tarantula is? no you are not even close.

thedarkfinder.

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

THERE IS NO HOLY GRAIL.

thedarkfinder.
I could hazard a guess lol. It's a New Worlder, has decent color, gets 5"+, and probably cost $20-$60

Brachypelma
Grammostola aureostriata or pulchra
Acanthoscurria geniculata

Hope I'm right lol

bpetty13

Arachnopeon

THERE IS NO HOLY GRAIL.

thedarkfinder.

geez why dont u calm down a lil bit. i didnt say and wasnt referring to anything about this being what the hobby was about. i was just merely wondering what peoples opinions were on the more rarer t's and such. there is no need for a response like that.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

THERE IS NO HOLY GRAIL.

thedarkfinder.
Rosie, hybana, cancerides?

The "simple" ones might easily be the most treasured ones.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
oh well, it's not that easy. i've got a p. metallica sling and a subadult female p. miranda. they are great and i have to admit that i won't part with them, though now that i'm moving in with my bf i have to reduce my collection by half :(.
but the spider i am most attached to is a 'simple' brachy. sure, i also get :drool: when people post pics of ts i don't have. but for me, it's not about scarcity or money, it's about behaviour and looks. only because a t is expensive and/or rare, that doesn't put her on my wishlist - she has to be gorgeous as well ;).

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Everyone's "holy grail" is going to be different. I would venture to guess in some cases, when you finally obtain what you thought was your holy grail, another species will pop up that you want even more.

Mr Short Radius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Everyone's "holy grail" is going to be different. I would venture to guess in some cases, when you finally obtain what you thought was your holy grail, another species will pop up that you want even more.
Yeah, its your holy grail untill you get it than the next one that you don't have is your holy grail. Addicting for sure. :} Thats alot of the fun for me. I'm going to need the 12 step program soon because I'm running out of room.:razz: I guess first ill have to admit that I'm powerless against it?:?

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I could hazard a guess lol. It's a New Worlder, has decent color, gets 5"+, and probably cost $20-$60

Brachypelma
Grammostola aureostriata or pulchra
Acanthoscurria geniculata

Hope I'm right lol
Rosie, hybana, cancerides?

The "simple" ones might easily be the most treasured ones.
Man I'm I that easy.

Ok a brachypelma are my favorite in the end. But my most wanted, needed, and got have to be the Grammostola actaeon. Do not get me wrong, I have 3 acanthoscurria geniculata, 7 grammostola pulchra, 4 grammostola aureostriata, and every brachypelmia that has come arcross the market in the last 4-5 years.

but it is the actaeon that I had to have. There is something about the simple black that I just love.

oh yea lately Phormictopus cancerides and Phormictopus atrichomatus have quickly gotten onto my must have list. They are so unprodictable. love them.

Jason Vaughn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well for me is as the following

lridopelma hirsutum

bonnetina cyaneifemur

Bonnetina rudloffi

and just about any species from australia

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i bet some of the most amazing species are still out in the wild waiting to be found

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine is my big sexy a G. pulchra female..though i have x. intermedia and p. metallica's and a few p subfusca's she is my prize

zarko

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my vote is on b auratum.. i think they r most stunnig Tz but if u ask me to sell some of mine 34 t i could not tell u wich one ....

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i've never seen anyone without being prompted refer to anything as the holy grail other than a P. metallica so thats what i say

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would have to agree with Lelle...if someone could find S. satanas and it did end up being a valid species...that one would blow people away (at least from its description).

Chris

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think the holy grail of tarantulas would be more of personal choice, some people think the pokies are the "holy grail" species, i disagree. Theres just something that attracts everybody to an individual species that they keep, that species just seems to be special to them for some personal reason. That alone determines the fact of what is or isnt a holy grail species to that individual person. My "holy grail" species would have to be P. murinus. I like the beautiful colors that they posess (especially the blue metallic shean that is under there legs) and they are very easy to care for, also the attitude attracts me for some odd reason. I have 10 of these little devils and i love every single one of them. ;P