Havn't Seen This Before!

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, bare with me here because the picture is Horrid...It came from my camera on the phone since My Digital BIT the Dust (damn technology) But I was checkin out my order that I got from Kraken <edit> And one of my little guys The Ophistothalmus walberghi (Tri-Colored burrowers) and I noticed that I was down to 2 of them...I lifed up one of the rocks and found that the male I had ordered (from another scorp dealer) was eaten and not too much of him was left...THEN I came across the largest female in the enclosure...And Here's What She Looks like.... The Pic was taken in a black light just to show a bit more detail (since the camera on my phone sucks) but it looks like her abdomen is about to rupture...Maybe She's going to Molt, Or perhaps she mated with the male and then it was Too late for him?? I dunno, but ANY ideas would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BUMP Workin' on getting a MUCH BETTER picture...When I do I'll post it up so it might be a bit easier to see!

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Looks like an impaction. Impossible to say whether it will lead it to it's death or not. (some live fine, some die)

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She might have been stung by the dead male in between her plates and the swelling is causing that... one of mine got stung on the side membrane and it swelled a large amount..took about 2 weeks for it to go away.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update

She seems like she is alright, still MORE than willing to sting anything that comes into her enclosure. So I think she'll be alright...Still working on a better pic though

Andre2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

I think this Pandinus pic is very interesting. Does it scratch itself with it's stinger, between those tergites? I witnessed this with a Pandinus male, who looked exactly like the one on the photo. It had a mycosis infection between the tergites, and maybe I see a little spot on the exposed membrane, but I'm not sure..
My male repeatedly kept scratching itself violently with it's stinger at the infected spot.

Did your Pandinus do this?

TheImperator

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Mine did nothing like that, it just behaved like any other P. Imperator would. How he got that on his back? I dont know, I bought him like that.

ScorpionFanatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Same thing happened to my newest emp after putting it in with the other two. I think they just got in a tussle, cause the're all still doing fine. It's alot smaller after 2 weeks. I would just say good luck.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
for a moment i though since when i replied to thjis thread haha hi scorpionfanatic :)

ScorpionFanatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
haha. wow. thought noone had a name that close to mine. guess I should have taken a better name.

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She Seems to be doing pretty well, I'm going to ATTEMPT at putting up a couple better pix of her later on this evening, but it looks exactly like that pic a few posts below...We'll See I reckon!

TheImperator

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She Seems to be doing pretty well, I'm going to ATTEMPT at putting up a couple better pix of her later on this evening, but it looks exactly like that pic a few posts below...We'll See I reckon!
Then I'm sure your scorpion will do just fine. :D :worship: