Bothriurus coriaceus info needed

docxp

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, how should I keep this species? Humidity, temperature, enclosure? I can't find good info about him.

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

they are to be kept half-humid, substrate soil, they like to dig, temps around 22 - 25°C but not above as they seem to react sensitive to longer periods of higher temperatures.

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Annelies,

unfortunately not. I´ve had a lot of my chilean bothriurids die during a hot period of a few weeks this summer. Actually that´s why I know that can´t stand longer periods of high temperatures.

annelies

Arachnopeon
I bought an bothriurus coriaceus last sunday, it had 13 instar 2 scorpling with her in the container.
I got them out in seperate cups.
they are qiute active and are feeding on crickets i killed for them.
Here is a picture of one of them.

sorry for the bad picture but they are so small!!
also sorry for mij bad english:razz:

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I just picked up a couple of these today at the Reptile Super Show. Are they communal? I am keeping them separate but I am curious about the conmunal aspect.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Did Chile open up again or are people who have them are finally selling them? It seems that they are suddenly coming up again. I kinda doubt that they are communal but if you end up breeding them and get a good amount of them maybe you can try it. But that'll take a while lol. I hope you like the scorps

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Did Chile open up again or are people who have them are finally selling them? It seems that they are suddenly coming up again. I kinda doubt that they are communal but if you end up breeding them and get a good amount of them maybe you can try it. But that'll take a while lol. I hope you like the scorps

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Thank you for the info. I got them at the LLL Reptile booth at the show. They had a half dozen or so.

Stugy

Arachnolord
I KNEW IT. I noticed that they were selling them again so I guessed you got them there. ;( Man I should've gone to the show.