here are some shots of my frogs.
Bombina orientalis

Ceratophrys cranwelli

Pyxicephalus adspersus

enjoy the pics! let me know what you think :D

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice frogs/toads! I got a few bombina bombina and a bombina orentalis. I would like to get some pac man toad though, they look like fun, are they hard to keep?;P

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
as long as you set them up properly and make sure they arent ingesting the substrate when they eat they are not very difficult no

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
whats the size of your pacman, i have a little 2-2.5" pacman. How long do you think itll take to grow fullsize. I feed him a couple of times every week. Thanks. BTW nice pics and frogs!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well I got mine in.. july I guess.. and it was about the size of a toonie ( haha for non Canadians I guess about 1.5" vent to snout) and now it is easily the size of a mandarin orange. I feed it vitamin coated crix and the occasionnal earthworm.. and every now and then I give it a pinky or two to fill it up and let it put on some weight.. then once that is digested I go back to crickets.. Im at about one pinky a month if that. and it has grown fast. I belive adult size can be achieved in 1.5 to 2 years time. but asd far as appetite and growing fast it has nothin on my Pyxie haha but f course the pacman is much more attarctive as an adult. what kind of pacman do you have?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have an albino pac man frog, Im still trying to figure out wether or not Ceratophrys cranwelli is its scientific name? Maybe you could tell me.

I can't wait till it gets huge! :D

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ceratophrys cranwelli is a scientific name. and most albino pacmans I have seen ARE Cranwells not Ornate.. do you have a pic? Cranwell's has larger horn projections than an ornate.. if its horns look like the ones on mine then its probably a Cranwells. if it has a more abrupt end to its snout and hardly anything for horn projections it is likely a Ceratophrys ornata. again.. all the albinos I have seen are Ceratophrys cranwelli though.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont have a pic right now but I will try to get some. Ill post back in a few.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sadly hes hiding right now and I dont want to disturb them so I will get them later.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what is that all you need in their enclosuer!!!!!!!! wow thats easy!....i might get some.. how big do they grow and do they bite hard?????:? :D :D :D :D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very nice, next time I do a cage change Im gonna set my pacman up like that, how deep is the water?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Novak
for the pacman dont make it any deeper than their elbow when they are at rest in the water.. the cant swim and will drown. for the pixie its not a problem to have it deeper.

Roach Dude
male pyxies can reach 2kg and 9" from vent to snout. a female horned frog can weigh in at a few pounds and will be approx 6" long by 7" wide. they are both very capable of a strong bite and they can draw blood with it.. the Pyxie especially because it has large fang like projections from the lower jaw. and both these aniamls require very little space and become very large.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
man, those frogs are aweomse....when i got my new leo settled in nicelyi think im going to invest in a pacman frog! And also what are the dimentions of your tank????? just to see because its hard to tell how big the pacman is compard to the tank and such,

thanks, roach dude!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the one for the pacman is only 14" by 8" Im guessing.. they really only need about 6 times the space they take up when they are resting.. they dont move much :p

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok thats perfect!!!!!
My leo at the moment is living in a tank the same size, but when he get big enough to move on to a bigger tank i will buy a little pac man and put him in their! {D

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are some new shots of the frogs. and my newt that resides with the firebellies.

first I have ventral shots of the frogs and the newt.

now this is the smaller frog

and the larger

and my newt. Juice

and now some shots of my C.cranwelli, Hypnotoad (female)

some cool close-ups of skin pattern and texture

and now my P.adspersus Tinkerbell (male)

this one is my wallpeper :D

now some skin close-ups.. too bad this coloration wont last :eek:

Thats it! enjoy!

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
AWSOME!!! I just got my first non-100%-aquatic frogs last week. I almost got a pacman but opted for 2 cuban tree frogs instead... Now I am thinking I might have to expand my horizons... :)