Arboreal Webbing

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So one of my arboreals decided to completely web right over her water dish which is about 6" further down. I figure I can just mist the webbing if need be so she can have some water. is this fine?

† [sandi] †

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if the T is webbing a lot now and wasn't before she might molt soon. look what my E. murinus did in pre-molt

or C. marshalli

i didn't destroy any of that webbing and there are also water dishes below. and the spiders are fine. if you keep hum. good i see no problem.

regards

sandi

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah she never really constructed a structured web before. it would maybe be a few strands here and there. i woke up this morning to find that she had made like a layer between the ground to the top of the enclosure. looks like you are going into the clouds or something. i'm assuming it's pre-molt.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is an awesome web by your skeleton. i just acquired a beautiful one this past week and she's already made a cool tube going into her hide.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Misting the webbing will give your T water to drink from. I know a lot of people don't give their spiders water bowls, but mist periodically. Your T will drink from the droplets on her web :)

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah she never really constructed a structured web before. it would maybe be a few strands here and there. i woke up this morning to find that she had made like a layer between the ground to the top of the enclosure. looks like you are going into the clouds or something. i'm assuming it's pre-molt.
Yeah, my A. Metallica did the same thing. She basically made a little cocoon of web in one corner of her cage. It was about 2 months later when she finally molted. Your T should be fine