Amblypygid staring at recent kill????

amblys

Arachnopeon
So I just got my first amblypygid a few days ago, and today was there first feeding they responded very well immediately showing interest and catching the prey items (there were two), I saw they had one in their mouth but now I can really only see one crickets body and my ambly just staring at it? It just finally moved a lil now after misting it’s Terri I’m again?
Why was this? Do they store food? And get protective over it or what?

gzophia

Arachnoknight
So I just got my first amblypygid a few days ago, and today was there first feeding they responded very well immediately showing interest and catching the prey items (there were two), I saw they had one in their mouth but now I can really only see one crickets body and my ambly just staring at it? It just finally moved a lil now after misting it’s Terri I’m again?
Why was this? Do they store food? And get protective over it or what?
Looks like it might have finished feeding. Amblypygids will eat until they are full and are quite difficult to overfeed, so it's probably just done.
However, those are some very interesting questions-- I have heard of tarantulas very rarely saving kills for later but I am not sure about amblypygi. They are very different animals after all.

Edit: I want to mention that by "later," I mean still fairly recently after the kill, not for long periods of time.

Last edited: