C Darlingi sling

MFloyd87

Arachnopeon
My C darlingli slings are just kinda chilling ground level. One has done quite a bit of webbing. I’m wondering if I should transfer them to the 4.5 inch tall dram vial. Right now they are in 5”w and 3”t air tight containers I put holes in the top and sides of
I did this because I had not yet received the vials.
I just got them last week though, and was wondering if this is an unnecessary move. One is about .75 and the other .5. I know lengthwise their enclosures are a little big but I just figured it would be less rehousing, and I wanted to give them to option to exist terrestrially or fossorially since I’ve read they do a lot of both.
any opinions?

Attachments

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
At that size you won't be hurting anything by keeping it terrestrially.

A smaller enclosure will give you a better chance at monitoring and make it easier for them to find food and such.

Let me try to find cold bloods tried and true sling picture. It keeps it simple and encourages growth, like literally 100% of the time, and he's probably raised thousands of slings. Hint: it's just a deli cup. They take on the cup as if it's their burrow, and are much less likely to barricade.

Edit

Just thought of something else, I don't know when it was posted maybe I could find it... Someone keeps their fossorials terrestrially until they are large enough to sex, and they were perfectly healthy. Less dirt isnt going to hurt them but it will set them up to get "lost" when they are their most vulnerable

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
for myself i'd keep em housed in the box like containers versus the dram vials since given my Disability its easier to dig em out or transfer into a larger cage when its time. or just use a deli cup for now

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
That should be perfectly fine. I have my darlingi and marshalli in 32oz deli cups and rarely see them lol.