Cicada Time

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Having spent the first 20-some years of my life all over Illinois, I miss the sound of the cicadas in the summer nights. Man, wasps are the bastards of the animal kingdom. :-\

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I will only witness this once in my entire life. Besides the wasp coming out for them the noise can be defeaning from the cicadas.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I will only witness this once in my entire life. Besides the wasp coming out for them the noise can be defeaning from the cicadas.
I grew up on a grain farm miles from town, I know exactly what you mean. Still miss it. Katydids, now that’s another story. One got in my room and drove me crazy. And I’m still crazy today, so beware of katydids!!

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I grew up on a grain farm miles from town, I know exactly what you mean. Still miss it. Katydids, now that’s another story. One got in my room and drove me crazy. And I’m still crazy today, so beware of katydids!!
Oh the katydids, I do remember them. Honestly it's been a long time since I've seen them en mass. I can't even recall how long ago it was when they were everywhere. Maybe I'll capture some and try getting offspring from them.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
The 14 year ones were supposed to come back 7 years ago but I never saw any. So I don’t know what happened if pesticides killed them off ? Should had been millions of them . Other parts of Ohio still had them but I never go there.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
The 14 year ones were supposed to come back 7 years ago but I never saw any. So I don’t know what happened if pesticides killed them off ? Should had been millions of them . Other parts of Ohio still had them but I never go there.
I don't know but the last time we had a significant amount of them here years ago it was noise pollution. As much as I would like to feed them to my T's it's a no no.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
You know your tinnitus is serious when you can't hear cicadas.