Cockroach collecting

delaneying

Arachnopeon
I'm trying to start a research project on Eurycotis floridana but I haven't found a good way of finding or collecting them. I'd first thought to put a few bricks and palmetto leaves in an area where there's a ton of leaf litter, next to a pond and oak trees looming over, but all I find when I flip them are woodlice isopods. The soil is very sandy where I live in Florida, but I don't think that'd be much of an issue

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I'm trying to start a research project on Eurycotis floridana but I haven't found a good way of finding or collecting them. I'd first thought to put a few bricks and palmetto leaves in an area where there's a ton of leaf litter, next to a pond and oak trees looming over, but all I find when I flip them are woodlice isopods. The soil is very sandy where I live in Florida, but I don't think that'd be much of an issue
I assume they hide underneath wood. they might be too hard to catch on actual Palmetto trees. I caught a similar species in North Carolina. I wish I would’ve kept them. My last trip I never saw any. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_woods_cockroach

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
I believe E. Floridana aka " Palmetto Bug " is a Nocturnal Scavenger.
Try searching in the dark with a dim light so as not to scare off the little buggers.