[Warning] DocterHerp

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I saw an ad for DocterHerp selling a large number of tarantulas in the classified section.

I sent a PM on 1/14/12 in regards to a female Brachypelma auratum. I initially asked for some pictures of the tarantula and if the user had any reviews. I got no response.

The user then bumped the ad on 1/16/12. Again, I sent a PM about getting pictures of the female B. auratum, I got no response.

Today, 1/26/12, the user bumped the ad again. I sent another PM, asking about the female X. immanis and the female B. auratum. This time I got a response immediately, and DocterHerp agreed to e-mail me some pictures of the tarantulas in question.

I received an e-mail from moneymagnummusic@gmail.com which included four pictures. 3 were of X. immanis and 1 of B. auratum which I have attached below. These are the images I downloaded from the e-mail sent to me by DocterHerp.

Brachypelma auratum.jpg images (1).jpg images (2).jpg Ximmanis013.jpg

After google searching some images of B. auratum and X. immanis, I found the following sites:

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/invert-classifieds/569808-various-tarantulas-sale.html
(Brachypelma auratum attached file)

http://www.arachnophiles.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?14992-Male-X-immanis&

Once I realized that at least 2 of the 4 photos (I didn't bother looking for the other 2 since they're only 10kb in size) were from other sources online, I decided to post this warning. DocterHerp is passing off images taken from the internet as representative photos of the tarantulas the user is selling. I have ceased communication with this user.

wtaffet

Arachnopeon
Yes this guy is a shady bastard that rips people off.....i wish I had saw Apollo's and jayefbe review's a few days earlier I was doing a trade a with Docherp and was bugged by his prices something didn't seem right but I did get responses although short and not really addressing what I was asking it was a response. he had me ship my trade to an apt in TN

and have received emails saying that he had to send the T next cause something happened to his kid...so this guy rips people off and uses my guess a fake child to scam people..

Ill be more than happy to post the emails and arachnoboard PM as well if you wanna see

always trust you gut I didn't, and got a crappy lesson learned

Im gonna be contacting the local police see if they can help anyone that wants to help try and get this solved for everyones sake please PM me. This really goes to show you that there are not good people

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This guy replied to my ad wanting to buy bulk lots of P. regalis slings, saying he would wholesale them to me for $20/sling (*great* deal, right? SMH)......I told him that was a little higher than I was thinking for a wholesale order of 50+ slings, and I said I would do $5 a sling (shooting low to give room for negotiation) and he immediately agreed, which I thought was a little odd. Usually there would be some offering back & forth. Seemed a bit shady to me, then I saw this thread here. I hate seeing people get scammed and certainly won't put my $ on the line. I don't know if it helps but he did say he was located in Oak Grove, KY (thought it was a bit odd also since the arachnid community here in Kentucky is VERY small/almost non-existant and I did not recognize his name).

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
I almost bought from him! Wow, if I had got any my mom would have never let me get anymore T's! :( When I cancelled I never got a response back...
Even if he is legit he has bad communication... :/

wtaffet

Arachnopeon
This is the name and address that DoctorHerp told me to ship to so if you get this name/address stay away he's a total scammer

Jake Martin
376 S. Lancaster apt 206
Clarksville, TN 37042

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Admin Note:

We have no proof at this time about the DocterHerp (southernherps@mail.com) account as to whether it is connected to kidnamedmula (other than the same exact location according to the registration IP - Clarksville, TN, despite them claiming to be in KY. However the IP's are NOT a match). One of the 3 IPs they do have did come up as a match to another user: Ryan the Roach Guy (trashfromsurveys@ymail.com - their registration IP does show them to be in TX, as their profile claims. However they are using a proxy). Although this does NOT mean nor confirm that there is any connection between the two at all, I'm still going to err on the side of caution and ban both accounts.

My suggestion is to be extremely cautious or to not even do any business with anyone from Clarksville, TN or with the last name "Martin" from that area (unfortunately for all the legit hobbyists located in Clarksville, TN).

DocterHerp and Ryan the Roach Guy have been permanently banned. If anyone has any further information regarding any of these names, please let us know.

Debby

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note:

The user: Ryan the Roach Guy contacted us about his account. Upon further speaking with him via email, we have decided to reinstate his account and allow him to post once again. Please note that we can NOT guarantee that he isn't associated with DocterHerp/Kidnamedmula. While we do not have any proof one way or another, please proceed with caution.

If anyone has any information to prove otherwise, please contact us privately.

Debby & Scott

lizardminion

Arachnolord
I can assure you. I'm too young and unorganized to be associated with these um... older scammers.
I don't have nor am I selling anything. I'm just a soon-to-be beginner herper/T-keeper who's just a teen.

It'll be years before I post any classified ads. Because I need a business first. Which I need money first. Which I need a job. Which I need to be old enough to get a Texas ID first. Which means i have until my next birthday.
No 14 year old is gonna go around scammin' people.

The user: Ryan the Roach Guy contacted us about his account. Upon further speaking with him via email, we have decided to reinstate his account and allow him to post once again. Please note that we can NOT guarantee that he isn't associated with DocterHerp/Kidnamedmula. While we do not have any proof one way or another, please proceed with caution.

If anyone has any information to prove otherwise, please contact us privately.

Debby & Scott