Getting sling out of vial

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
What would u guys recommend if I touch him with a paintbrush he just digs in I’m trying to be the least stressful for him as possible. My first sling rehousing lol these dram vials are skinny and long!!

Attachments

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
Carefully - stop worrying about stress
Ok I have him in a sterilize bin too since he’s bolts and fast!! I’ll just pray he runs to his new hide! Should I keep poking in a paintbrush or use some tweezers and pull his substrate out?thank u!!

Carefully - stop worrying about stress
I did it! Finally just pulled out his substrate and he plopped lol fell into his new home😂 and u were right I don’t think he was stressed he didn’t even run. But found 2 tiny molts in his old substrate🥰🥰

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
What would u guys recommend if I touch him with a paintbrush he just digs in I’m trying to be the least stressful for him as possible. My first sling rehousing lol these dram vials are skinny and long!!
That’s a big sling I can’t find my paintbrush.

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
That’s a big sling I can’t find my paintbrush.
He is big!! lol and the store told me to keep him in there at least 3 more molts!! When I fed him last night I laughed so hard he had no space and was sitting on his butt with his legs stretched up and out I took a pic but u can’t realky tell with the lights reflecting off the plastic😂

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
That was actually a really interesting thread!! Never thought of that before!

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
If it were me I would scrap that enclosure and get one that is bigger. Then you can put the whole vial in and let him walk out on his own.

Shoot for something that's no less than 2x his entire leg span on the shortest side. IMO he has already outgrown that one

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Could you get a picture of how it’s doing now :pics: ?
If it were me I would scrap that enclosure and get one that is bigger. Then you can put the whole vial in and let him walk out on his own.

Shoot for something that's no less than 2x his entire leg span on the shortest side. IMO he has already outgrown that one
You may be right that’s a big sling

drurymercy

Arachnopeon

Oh no really? K I’ll take a pic once I get home!!

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
Could you get a picture of how it’s doing now :pics: ?

You may be right that’s a big sling
Yes I’ll take a pic once I get home! I didn’t want to go too big so he could find food easier in an actual terrestrial set up but he ate perfectly fine for me when I left no problems.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire

this right here 100%.

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
That would probably be fine for a molt or two, but the larger enclosure would be perfectly adequate at this size as well
Ok!! I’ll go ahead and keep him here one more molt than move him up!! Thank u and good to know I went to buy springtails and they had Brazilian blue babies so I grabbed one and he’s just a tiny bit smaller! So I’ll grab another bigger enclousure! I probably should have just asked here first online says to keep slings small but I’m learning at this size little buddy’s are pretty self sufficient!!

Attachments

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My little buddy *was" about 1.1" but eats like he's grown and appears to have molted today

He made that burrow as soon as I gave him all that dirt. Don't stifle their construction talents 🤣 Allegedly they could outgrow this desire. They grow up so fast 😭

That clay pot will likely be unpopular due to not being able to dig down but will resort to it for shelter if it's the only option.

Id still go with the larger one with mas dirt
PXL_20240427_161941467.jpg

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
My little buddy *was" about 1.1" but eats like he's grown and appears to have molted today

He made that burrow as soon as I gave him all that dirt. Don't stifle their construction talents 🤣

That clay pot will likely be unpopular due to not being able to dig down but will resort to it for shelter if it's the only option.

Id still go with the larger one with mas dirt
View attachment 471888
Holy hell straight to the bottom!! Happy he had a good molt💕 I’ve been told it’s better to not have the spiders burrow? But ok mas dirt!!! I can definitely do that! I ordered some hides off Shane’s spiders they come on Wednesday so I’ll be switching the pots out then!!

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Holy hell straight to the bottom!! Happy he had a good molt💕 I’ve been told it’s better to not have the spiders burrow? But ok mas dirt!!! I can definitely do that! I ordered some hides off Shane’s spiders they come on Wednesday so I’ll be switching the pots out then!!
I would say it's better to be aware why they are burrowing more than anything

Too hot, too cold, too much open space/no shelter, too dry, too fat/not hungry, or molting

drurymercy

Arachnopeon
I was just reading that on the tarantula collective learning about my new sling who’s terrestrial but semi fossorial my first digger! And that’s what he was saying! I have an oil heater so I keep them between 71-72.5 degrees and my slings more moist and my P machala more moist but my bigger T albo I keep on the less humid side so far only my slings have burrowed but they are also were in vials. I still have 2 in vials since they r really small but I’ll go ahead and add more dirt for my bigger slings in enclosures just to be safe! I appreciate the tips!! I always want to grow and learn