Help with GBB sling

TWellsT

Arachnopeon
Sling has been out and really actively webbing up really high in their enclosure (well above their normal "den").
They have just turned upside down on top of the web..... is this a really weird molt or something to worry about?

Attachments

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Probably molting, normal positioning but they can molt in any position. Just leave it be...

If its not molting it will soon, making this a threat pose lol (they can get surprisingly defensive right before or just because but it looks due for a molt)

TWellsT

Arachnopeon
It's not a threat, he's literally upside down lying on his back on top of his Web!!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sling has been out and really actively webbing up really high in their enclosure (well above their normal "den").
They have just turned upside down on top of the web..... is this a really weird molt or something to worry about?
No no

read more about this species on AB

TWellsT

Arachnopeon
No no

read more about this species on AB
Hi, sorry, I have done a lot of reading on this, but clearly must have missed something. Can you give me a direction as to what? Thank you.

Hi, sorry, I have done a lot of reading on this, but clearly must have missed something. Can you give me a direction as to what? Thank you.
I was aware of a molting mat, but seemed odd to be made at the very top of the enclosure....

He is molting!!

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Do you have live feeders in there? Maybe he's just smart and found a safe place?

TWellsT

Arachnopeon
Do you have live feeders in there? Maybe he's just smart and found a safe place?
Nope, he is always sat at the top anyway and only ever goes into his "den" if I actually open the enclosure up to remove anything, water etc.
Think he's just a bit of an exhibitionist!

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
He's due for a rehouse, make sure you get him a new house with lots of windows so he can continue to expose himself to innocent passersby 🤣

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

I was aware of a molting mat, but seemed odd to be made at the very top of the enclosure....

He is molting!!
I answered your two questions 😉

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

He is molting!!
You can search the spider species with a little magnifying glass 🔎 in the top right corner:D or anything