Is my scorpion slowly dying?..

froogy

Arachnopeon
one of my androctonus and hottenttota sometime tail flat out and they arent dragging their tail but their stinger was curled it just happens when they are chilling on the corner of the enclosure.when I just freak out and thought they are dead and check on them, they also freak out and their tail got straighten up normally and go inside their hides. I know there is something wrong with them if they lay their tail flat. i been keeping them 87-90f and mist them once a week. I been keeping them in tupperware with sand . Is my scorpions slowly dying? they eat everytime i gave them feeders and they are always active at night

Last edited:

froogy

Arachnopeon
were they might be pooping? I heard some people said that they could be pooping by their tail flat out sometime.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
one of my androctonus and hottenttota sometime tail flat out and they arent dragging their tail but their stinger was curled it just happens when they are chilling on the corner of the enclosure.when I just freak out and thought they are dead and check on them, they also freak out and their tail got straighten up normally and go inside their hides. I know there is something wrong with them if they lay their tail flat. i been keeping them 87-90f and mist them once a week. I been keeping them in tupperware with sand . Is my scorpions slowly dying? they eat everytime i gave them feeders and they are always active at night
They could be pooping or maybe they could be preparing to molt soon. But how about posting a pic first so we can see what exactly you are describing you may stressing over nothing.

froogy

Arachnopeon
They could be pooping or maybe they could be preparing to molt soon. But how about posting a pic first so we can see what exactly you are describing you may stressing over nothing.
I couldnt take a pic of it cuz he got freaked out and he in his hide now. he bolted fast

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
A dying scorpion is usually slow, sluggish and may move awkwardly. So I expect it was nothing if they curled up their tail and ran away after disturbance.