Iso pods , pill bugs!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
You can have air vents from substrate to ceiling. Air vents in the substrate will aerate the substrate (at a lesser rate) and release humidity into the air.

View attachment 453708 View attachment 453709
The baby’s(little white pill bugs) will escape I can’t use vents that low but I can still cross ventilate the lid + the rim of the lid. It seems to hold humidity well enough but zero mold.
IMG_4375.jpeg IMG_4374.jpeg IMG_4373.jpeg

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
The baby’s are growing really slowly is there anything that can speed them up?
I feeed them leaves occasionally veggie and dead small roaches.

IMG_5275.jpeg IMG_5274.jpeg

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Why so wet?

It's bad enough to have the sub that wet, but that level of moisture plus rotting large insects is a cause for concern. Probably not that healthy for you either I would think.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Why so wet?

It's bad enough to have the sub that wet, but that level of moisture plus rotting large insects is a cause for concern. Probably not that healthy for you either I would think.
It dries out quickly in a few days I was worried they would dehydrate. I didn’t remove the roach. It looked like they were still eating it. I will soon.

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
It dries out quickly in a few days I was worried they would dehydrate. I didn’t remove the roach. It looked like they were still eating it. I will soon.
Seems like you may need to seriously reconsider your husbandry then. Drying out in a couple days, then drenched like above pictures with rotten meat doesn't seem right nor a solid long term care plan. Ispods, wlonce setup well, don't really need attention. Actually doing anything with their enclosure/food/water is maybe every every 2 weeks. If anything, it's just pinching out moldy food.

Don't be shy to start from scratch when things aren't setup well and the animals are passing away :)

Looks to me a better substrate along with better planned ventilation would be a pretty easy fix. They need air. But things shouldn't dry out in 2 days. This means your substrate is wrong. Probably both in constitution as well as quantity (depth). Possibly too much ventilation, but I find most keepers are drastically underventilated, not over, due to convenience/laziness/ignorance. An easy correction either way :) if a person finds it hard to keep gradients and proper substrate conditions, up your enclosure size. Tiny homes are much harder to maintain gradients.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Seems like you may need to seriously reconsider your husbandry then. Drying out in a couple days, then drenched like above pictures with rotten meat doesn't seem right nor a solid long term care plan. Ispods, wlonce setup well, don't really need attention. Actually doing anything with their enclosure/food/water is maybe every every 2 weeks. If anything, it's just pinching out moldy food.

Don't be shy to start from scratch when things aren't setup well and the animals are passing away :)

Looks to me a better substrate along with better planned ventilation would be a pretty easy fix. They need air. But things shouldn't dry out in 2 days. This means your substrate is wrong. Probably both in constitution as well as quantity (depth). Possibly too much ventilation, but I find most keepers are drastically underventilated, not over, due to convenience/laziness/ignorance. An easy correction either way :) if a person finds it hard to keep gradients and proper substrate conditions, up your enclosure size. Tiny homes are much harder to maintain gradients.
ahh I was worried they https://arachnoboards.com/threads/the-hunt-for-good-top-soil.362763/post-3394645 die if they dried out . Thanks for the suggestions.
This might be more suitable than coco fiber . But all I got to filter it isn’t good for removing anything but the large debris

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
ahh I was worried they https://arachnoboards.com/threads/the-hunt-for-good-top-soil.362763/post-3394645 die if they dried out . Thanks for the suggestions.
This might be more suitable than coco fiber . But all I got to filter it isn’t good for removing anything but the large debris
No, they can't fully dry out. It should be pretty easy to just keep a corner/side moist. The other not moist (if one corner is moist the other side will never be properly dry).

I always avoid wet equally also dry. Also good to feed on the drier side, especially dead animals.