[Warning] Jdredrump1974

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Does anyone heard any news from him or did any transactions with him?

lancej

Arachnolord
I'm still waiting on my end of a trade. He told me he shipped it Tuesday. No T's, and he won't respond to my emails. He got the ones I shipped. I would like to hear something from him. If he was delayed for whatever reason, that's fine, but communication would be good. I'm starting to worry.

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im in the same boat as you. we worked out a trade and agreed on shipping times. i sent mine out and he received it the next day and promised to send mine out on the 4/27/2011. no reply to email or p.m. needless to say im upset.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
This person contacted me in response to a classified ad that I had posted and sent me dozens of pm's asking questions about the shipping carriers I use. I responded and he insisted with me that he called each and everyone of the carriers (USPS, UPS, FedEx etc.) and they all gave him the same answer and that was they do not handle live animals. I explained to him that I was aware of what the carriers do and do not but he still pestered me for some time. When I asked him which carrier he used, he kept dancing around the question and never provided me with any answer. He claims to have been selling CBB Green Bottle Blue slings. After almost 2 hours of questions from him I started to believe he was trying to scam me. I blocked him. I didnt give it much thought until I read the other posts above. Stay away from this guy. Something is just not right!

Chris

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note:

It truly upsets me to see these situations arise. Sigh.

I just wanted to make it known that I have started an investigation on this user. I will post any findings (once complete) in this thread.

I hope that it is just a slight misunderstanding and this user will honor their end, although sounding unlikely, unfortunately. :(

Thanks,

Debby

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah, he hasn't signed on to that account since the 27th and i don't think he will again. at least i didn't loose to much to this guy. feel free to ask for any info you might need from me,i still have the address that i sent his package to if you ever need it. Thanks for looking into it, its good to know Arachnopets has our backs.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin Note:

STATUS UPDATE:

To everyone that has contacted me (just in case I do not get the chance to individually respond), a big THANKS for all of the information provided thus far. :clap:

I have now contacted Jdredrump1974 and am awaiting a reply back. I have removed every single classifieds post from them and have also banned them from posting any future ads. However, I did leave their regular posting ability in tact in case they do wish to respond in here or reply to any outstanding PMs.

We do hope that they can clear some things up and make good on their end for all of the pending transactions. If anyone hears from them or has a relevant update, please post in here. But please DO NOT post in here if you just have a random comment and do not have any personal interaction with the user in question. Any posts along those lines WILL be removed.

Debby

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Admin note:

UPDATE:

The user has not replied back to me directly. However, they sent an email to "webmaster" and I have responded back. Because I feel this is relevant, I will post both emails in here:

Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 11:33 AM
To: <jdnolad1974@gmail.com>
Subject: re: jdredrump

Hi,

Please don’t insult me or my intelligence. Your story has so many holes in it, it is not even funny. If all they did at the post office was ask your wife what was inside the package and she told them spiders, they can not and would not confiscate anything. They would simply refuse to mail it and your wife, along with your packages, would be on her way. There is NO way that you were contacted by an investigator from the postmaster general’s office and they would NEVER tell you not to discuss anything with anyone and to cut off all communications. That is just ridiculous and absurd.

You are responsible and obligated to compensate each and every person back for the items that you received. If you do not, then what you are doing is considered fraud. If the individual members wish to seek legal action against you for fraud/petty theft, with malicious intent, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

It is scammers, like yourself, that ruin and suck the fun and enjoyment out of this wonderful hobby for the rest of us. Your account has been temporarily banned from the classifieds section, until you resolve ALL outstanding transactions. If not, your ban will become permanent.

Debby
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 9:40 PM
To: <webmaster@arachnopets.com>
Subject: re: jdredrump

hello, my name is jd noland (aka jdredrump) I’m writing you in defense to the posting on this site. the reason for the problem is that I’m new to this hobby and didn't know the ropes when it came to shipping yes I asked some questions, but never got anywhere. so everybody I traded with shipped through the us postal service. on Tuesday when my wife went to ship out every body’s boxes they asked her what she was shipping. and not knowing she told them, it was then she was told that it was illegal. postal code 124.293c2. then all boxes were confiscated!!! I’ve already been contacted by an investigator. from the postmaster generals office and was told not to contact anyone involved in this because it’s a ongoing investigation. I have hired a lawyer. I never set out to rip anybody off. so this is the last contact I’ll be sending . jd

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I do recommend that every person that has entered into a transaction with this user (meaning, either money or spiders was sent), to please post a "completed" review (that you expect nothing further to transpire and nothing will change the outcome) in the reviews section with full details from your own personal experience. Unfortunately, not everyone looks in the warning/inquiry section and just glances through the reviews. Just in case this user posts an ad on another site and people seek information here. ;)

Thanks and sorry that this has happened.

Debby

squishy

Arachnopeon
Wow I wish I had seen this sooner! I had traded my A. Minatrix and cash for some gbbs. It has been three weeks and still no reply. At the very least can't he return any trades through "ship your reptiles" and also return any money via paypal. People like me who are quite literally poor college students or any hobbiest can't afford to be ripped off like this. I'm just glad the admins go way above there responsiblitlies to take care of us. If they didn't there would be slot more scams going on.

KeithY

Arachnopeon
I bought some G. pulchripes off of this person that he said he produced. I met him in person since I go to the Uni nearby. Looks like he didn't produce them and didn't pay for them either. I have quite a bit of his personal information. PM me if you need it. I heard he posts adds on CraigsList selling specimen.

KeithY

Arachnopeon
I was just made aware of a craigslist post made by this member. Here is the link.
http://dayton.craigslist.org/pet/2441364680.html.
HELLO, I HAVE SOME TARANTULAS TO REHOME,

1- CURLY HAIR 3in

1- ROSE HAIR 4in

5- CURLY HAIR SLINGS 1in

3- T, violaceus slings aka purple tree spider 3/4in

would like to re home as a group or trade for king snakes or leopard geckos thanks jd