Jumping spider care advice

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
I'm used to keeping widows and other weaver spider so I'm not too sure how to care for a jumping spider. Does anyone have some advice for caring for one?

Camden

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would suggest the archive of info on this forum as well as YouTube. There's several good videos regarding their care

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Mine is really straightforward. Likes to make a little "purse web" near the top of the enclosure, strong prey drive. Set it up as an arboreal, and careful about standing water, apparently they drown more easily than other species. Mine is still only a 3rd instar sling, but I've found it pretty easy to keep.

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
Mine is really straightforward. Likes to make a little "purse web" near the top of the enclosure, strong prey drive. Set it up as an arboreal, and careful about standing water, apparently they drown more easily than other species. Mine is still only a 3rd instar sling, but I've found it pretty easy to keep.
Do you feed it any specific prey?

sparticus

Arachnoknight
Anything small enough, it's very, very tiny. This is my sling with a fruit fly.
20240309_132802.jpg
It takes fruit flies and tiny isopod hatchlings so far, but I'd like to get it off fruit flies asap because they lack nutritional value. Gonna try pinhead crickets and mini mealworms next instar, then probably dubia nymphs when it's big enough to take them.

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
Anything small enough, it's very, very tiny. This is my sling with a fruit fly.
View attachment 469135
It takes fruit flies and tiny isopod hatchlings so far, but I'd like to get it off fruit flies asap because they lack nutritional value. Gonna try pinhead crickets and mini mealworms next instar, then probably dubia nymphs when it's big enough to take them.
Ok, thank you so much for the help!

sparticus

Arachnoknight
It'll tackle pretty much anything that is the same size or smaller than itself. I'm really enjoying it, they seem really fun to keep. You should definitely get one!

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
They can take down massive prey for their size compared to other spiders. It's amazing to watch. My P regius got this mealworm easily
Screenshot_20240123-000028_Discord.jpg

Godsmack1934

Arachnosquire
I just got the jumping spider and set up its enclosure, I'll provide photos when it's more comfortable with me and it's enclosure but it's a red and black Phidippus Audax. Thank you to everyone who gave advice!