User Mike's picture thread

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Two years I've been waiting on this lady to toss out a molt. Nope..and over a couple weeks she's been doing spider stuff and I've been waiting for her to drag one up.

She's molted twice in my care,how do I know for sure? She has a backing board and after two months underground,I looked and there was a molt shoved in one side. Her second was this February and came out in early April
skinny as a toothpick. My previous pics of her show's she's a healthy spider. So I know she went through a second molt.

This is what I akin to in my mind would find a burrow in the wild. I've posted pics of her since four or five months after I made an account here. I need a molt to send for 100 identification. Already got that lined out just waiting to get her to corporate.

Btw look at my early pics of her and you can see how much work she has done over the past couple weeks. Looks nothing like the same enclosure.

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Two years I've been waiting on this lady to toss out a molt. Nope..and over a couple weeks she's been doing spider stuff and I've been waiting for her to drag one up.

She's molted twice in my care,how do I know for sure? She has a backing board and after two months underground,I looked and there was a molt shoved in one side. Her second was this February and came out in early April
skinny as a toothpick. My previous pics of her show's she's a healthy spider. So I know she went through a second molt.

This is what I akin to in my mind would find a burrow in the wild. I've posted pics of her since four or five months after I made an account here. I need a molt to send for 100 identification. Already got that lined out just waiting to get her to corporate.

Btw look at my early pics of her and you can see how much work she has done over the past couple weeks. Looks nothing like the same enclosure.
I prefer when they burrow in a spot they’re visible, must be a real stressor dealing with a pet hole in the middle of an enclosure/ I had same issue but the burrow collapsed. My last few molts disintegrated, so that’s just as bad as losing them in a burrow. Good luck 🍀 !

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Besides my Omothymus. This lady is food driven like crazy. She's been fed. Like four days ago a huge for her size roach.
Filling her water dish and she came flying out of her hide like I had laid a steak on the grill.

Attachments

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Omothymus.Violaceopes.
She,I'm hoping is a tad over two inches dsl. My O.schioedtei is pushing four already. Both are currently in 36 oz cups. I've got more pictures to load of each . Seven rehousing coming up soon and I'm getting ready for the next couple of orders on my list.

Attachments

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Omothymus.Violaceopes.
She,I'm hoping is a tad over two inches dsl. My O.schioedtei is pushing four already. Both are currently in 36 oz cups. I've got more pictures to load of each . Seven rehousing coming up soon and I'm getting ready for the next couple of orders on my list.
Even red doesn't fool my H.macs so far all four are ghosts . Two are going to a friend for an juvenile P.muticus. my juvenile im keeping as well as the other that's not far behind.
The past year I've helped a friend and breeder with his collection. I'm wanting to get a few Phormingochilus now that I've gained some knowledge about them having reached out for it. Super super skittish hard to read and sonic boost built in factory.

Attachments

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
I took this Oct the first goofing off before work. This is the best I can do for this year as far as representing the great spoodkin rising out of the spoodkin sac,err so to speak.

I can't compete with @NMTs who wields a mean carving knife.

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I took this Oct the first goofing off before work. This is the best I can do for this year as far as representing the great spoodkin rising out of the spoodkin sac,err so to speak.

I can't compete with @NMTs who wields a mean carving knife.
The Tarantuween spirit is strong within you!!

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Sooooo. Long story. Anyway pics coming soon of my omothymus schioedtei.
I've been moving and during the process destroyed my phone lost every password I had to everything so yeah this has not been a fun week.

Rehouse went great. She I hope is a she is absolutely gorgeous.
So sometime during the move I had another molt out. Shown no signs of even ready to molt other than a fat booty,but it's fine and has already had a meal.

This is at the end of the hole episode. She did go for a run on to the front of this tank which I use for growing a few plants and experimenting with. I really wanted a ventral pic but if she had got in that moss it would have been heck trying to dig her out.

@SpookySpooder
Last we spoke. That was my first night here at my new place. and I have not laughed that hard in years.

Attachments

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Been a while since I've posted anything. Just really busy. Anyway here is a picture I snapped of one of my Omothymus schioedtei that was hanging out this morning before I left for work. This one is the least skittish of the bunch so far.

Attachments