Missing S Dehaani

15spiders

Arachnopeon
I want to start off by saying that i have been beating myself up over this since I realized my S Dehaani had gone missing, which was yesterday.
I went to check on my pede and quickly realized it had completely escaped, despite my precautions, it had slipped out of the enclosure somehow, now unfortunately I have no idea how long it has been missing for, which is my biggest mistake and I regret not checking sooner. I brought the pede home roughly 9 weeks ago, and in that time it has gone missing, any advice is appreciated.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
have you checked through the soil? they do burrow.

i fear if its been gone for an unknown amount of time finding it will be very hard, depending on your home ofc.
have you checked all along the walls and underneath furniture?
i hope there are no small children or pets around it could be a threat to, however unlikely

15spiders

Arachnopeon
have you checked through the soil? they do burrow.

i fear if its been gone for an unknown amount of time finding it will be very hard, depending on your home ofc.
have you checked all along the walls and underneath furniture?
i hope there are no small children or pets around it could be a threat to, however unlikely

I have thoroughly checked through the old enclosure, I sat down and took small clumps of soil from the tank and slowly took all of it out from the enclosure until there was nothing left :( There are not small children or furred pets in the house, but lots of other inverts. I so far have torn apart my bedroom where the pede was being housed but i plan to move onto the rest of the house today

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Just goes to show how important a secure setup is. I still think your best bet is to continue serching beneath furnuiture, especially in the kitchen and bath as i would assume most homes are too dry for them to survive in the long run. Worst case, if this is possible, would be if it slipped underneath the floor-tiling and dessicates there. I know i have gaps mine could escape into never to be seen again...

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I want to start off by saying that i have been beating myself up over this since I realized my S Dehaani had gone missing, which was yesterday.
I went to check on my pede and quickly realized it had completely escaped, despite my precautions, it had slipped out of the enclosure somehow, now unfortunately I have no idea how long it has been missing for, which is my biggest mistake and I regret not checking sooner. I brought the pede home roughly 9 weeks ago, and in that time it has gone missing, any advice is appreciated.
" Any advice is appreciated ".

Yes ,if you're only going to check on a living creature in your care after " roughly 9 weeks "

Don't keep any living thing again.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
How big is the area that you're keeping the enclosure??? It's hard to say where it is if it's been a while since you've had it. Since it could've escaped anytime within that 9 week time frame.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
precautions any pictures of the container? How many times a week did you check up on it?

15spiders

Arachnopeon
precautions any pictures of the container? How many times a week did you check up on it?
I checked on it multiple times a week and always saw changes in the substrate with new tunnels and dirt moved around, water bowl was always full, I fed bi-weekly and food always was gone by the next day. Until recently when I started to notice a lack activity in the enclosure. I was letting the centipede settle into it’s enclosure just like I have with my past centipedes and tarantulas, I was advised by other keepers to not dig through the enclosure in case of pre-molt so I did not until this week.

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I checked on it multiple times a week and always saw changes in the substrate with new tunnels and dirt moved around, water bowl was always full, I fed bi-weekly and food always was gone by the next day. Until recently when I started to notice a lack activity in the enclosure. I was letting the centipede settle into it’s enclosure just like I have with my past centipedes and tarantulas, I was advised by other keepers to not dig through the enclosure in case of pre-molt so I did not until this week.
sounds fine, it's unfortunate that assumtions are made without asking for clarification first, ...

unfortunatly it sounds like the enclosure wasn't

have you nailed down how it escaped yet and if so could you elaborate?

in my experience enclosures really need to be incredibly secure to contain them, i know mine test the ventilation almost dayly, i can hear it whey they do

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
tragic yes , it could've escaped anytime within that 9 week time frame.
enclosure Must’ve been the problem, because once loose It’s like catching a ghost.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I'd start by putting sliced bananas on a plate around where it got loose to try and lure/capture it.

If you do manage to successfully trap it, house it something secure. I have it linked below. Make sure to drill air holes on the top and sides!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I'd start by putting sliced bananas on a plate around where it got loose to try and lure/capture it.

If you do manage to successfully trap it, house it something secure. I have it linked below. Make sure to drill air holes on the top and sides!

About 15 days later, they haven’t said If they caught it or not..:ninja: