Need ID help please!!!

Ryan86

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. Could get some help on the ID of this Asian Forest Scorpion. It was sold to me as a H. longimanus and just want to be sure. Also what are the care requirements for this species? Thank you for your help. 1000013608.jpg

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Heterometrus silenus. Looks like an adult female as far as I'm able to tell.

The care requirements of any Heterometrus are pretty much the same, as they live in the same type of habitat, similar climates, just different areas. The link in my signature may help (possibly only visable on desktop version).

Ryan86

Arachnopeon
Heterometrus silenus. Looks like an adult female as far as I'm able to tell.

The care requirements of any Heterometrus are pretty much the same, as they live in the same type of habitat, similar climates, just different areas. The link in my signature may help (possibly only visable on desktop version).
How can you tell the difference between the two?

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
The shape of the chelae and the granulation pattern on the carapace don't match H. longimanus. H. longimanus has more slender chelae, even females.
Both these characteristics are indicative of H. silenus. Also, I've never seen the brownish coloration on adult longimanus, but it's common in silenus.

I can tell it's adult because of the bulky chelae, and it is female because males of H. silenus specifically have an enlarged tooth on the movable finger of the chelae. This is absent in this individual.

Ryan86

Arachnopeon
The shape of the chelae and the granulation pattern on the carapace don't match H. longimanus. H. longimanus has more slender chelae, even females.
Both these characteristics are indicative of H. silenus. Also, I've never seen the brownish coloration on adult longimanus, but it's common in silenus.

I can tell it's adult because of the bulky chelae, and it is female because males of H. silenus specifically have an enlarged tooth on the movable finger of the chelae. This is absent in this individual.
Does she look possibly gravid to you? She was housed with 6 others when I got her.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Possibly. She is not absolutely huge, but she is chunky and in those circumstances it is likely. If she keeps growing over the next few months, that's a sign she probably is (assuming you don't overfeed her of course).