Questions for P. Cautus and P. sp. Santo Domingo sling enclosures

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
I've been wanting to get into the world of Pamphos and Phormics for a while now, and I recently bought 2 slings of each sp.

I know these T's get large and grow quick. I have an L Klugi that I started in a pen container box, and I'm thinking about doing the same with them.

I have a picture attached to show you a few containers that I have to choose from. My question is, for those who have owned both sp. What did you place your slings in? And how quickly did they outgrow their enclosures. I feel like pen boxes are great, but if there's an even better alternative, I would not be opposed to it.

I have a few T's that are blowing my mind with their growth rate, and I'm glad I placed them in something bigger right off the bat.

But, always love to run things by AB to see recommendations. So feel free to add anything I may be missing.

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I've been wanting to get into the world of Pamphos and Phormics for a while now, and I recently bought 2 slings of each sp.

I know these T's get large and grow quick. I have an L Klugi that I started in a pen container box, and I'm thinking about doing the same with them.

I have a picture attached to show you a few containers that I have to choose from. My question is, for those who have owned both sp. What did you place your slings in? And how quickly did they outgrow their enclosures. I feel like pen boxes are great, but if there's an even better alternative, I would not be opposed to it.

I have a few T's that are blowing my mind with their growth rate, and I'm glad I placed them in something bigger right off the bat.

But, always love to run things by AB to see recommendations. So feel free to add anything I may be missing.
I keep them exact same as my L Klugi which despite me drilling extra ventilation the top soil layer won’t dry all the way . Perhaps it’s just darker ..
I only have one Pampho I keep it slightly wetter than L Klugi.
Phormics I haven’t kept in a while both were male rip. I kept them same as L Klugi.

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
I keep them exact same as my L Klugi which despite me drilling extra ventilation the top soil layer won’t dry all the way . Perhaps it’s just darker ..
I only have one Pampho I keep it slightly wetter than L Klugi.
Phormics I haven’t kept in a while both were male rip. I kept them same as L Klugi.
The Pampho being sent is at 3" now. I thought it was at 1" but I must've glossed over that important fact. I just Emailed the breeder. Amazing price for the santo at 3". $125. I love this guy lol

I may mix some terra anna and repti soil with crushed spaghnum. I've done that before and it's been great. I may drill some more ventilation holes in the pen container to allow for more air flow. Thats a good point.

The L Klugi has been great. I don't keep it too wet, just damp enough and they've been happy as a clam. Just molted too and shoving their face like a pig 😆

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Where the heck did you find a P cautus