Rehousing a GBB?

Cmoore0475

Arachnopeon
So I have a GBB I’ve had for about 2.5 years and is about 3” dls. It’s never been a big eater and takedown response has been fairly noexistent since I got it. Waits til a cricket comes to it, puts a foot on it for a minute and then kills and eats it. My Curly Hair and D. pentaloris are total opposites and the curly hair going after water pouring into its water dish. Anywho, the GBB has refused food for about a month but doesn’t appear plump or ready to molt at all. I’ve been wanting to rehouse for a while but hate to destroy all its hard web work. Now I could care less about the web but just want to get it moved over to something bigger, however I really don’t want to disturb an impending molt especially since it would have to web a molt mat and feel really exposed in a stark new enclosure. Should I throw caution to the wind and go ahead and rehouse or wait it out until it molts again. It’s been every bit of 5/6 months since last molt so it feels due to me. Of course that feeling is purely an uneducated hunch. Any thoughts??

Denn

Dipluridae Enthusiast
Old Timer
Should I throw caution to the wind and go ahead and rehouse or wait it out until it molts again.
Any thoughts??
I'd wait till it molts again, give it a few weeks afterwards, then look to rehouse.

Pictures of the spider/and or setup would be great.

My GBB's have always had similar eating patterns when not in pre-molt, pretty aggressive feeding response and rarely refuse food, once they go into pre-molt the similarities end though, some either web themself away in their hides, some just sit out in the open and slap any food source with front legs and leave it, some even give little threat responses, others just ignore as if it wasn't there.