Tarantula recommendations

I am Raf

Arachnopeon
Thank you for all the suggestions! Had to go to bed yesterday, then work since morning.

Did a little bit of reading for the species mentioned that I don't already own, and I think I made my mind up in regards to what to get next. Looks like I'll be on the lookout for a mixture of Ephebopus spp., some Harpactira pulchripes slings and Cyriocosmus ritae (if I'm lucky enough)

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire
Hello!

The British Tarantula Society exhibition is approaching fast and I'm looking to expand my collection. I've been looking at the traders' websites and the variety has my head spinning, and I can't make up my mind on what to get.

So, I wanted to ask if anyone could list their favourite(s) based on the following:

A new world terrestrial

A new world fossorial

An old world terrestrial

An old world fossorial

Heavy webbers

Dwarf species

Most unique behaviour/appearance

Thank you!
Any Pampho (Antious is AWESOME)
A Genic (eating machine and stunning)
V Chromatus (the CLASSIC tarantula. Beats B Harmorii hands down)
T Albo (must have, Tlilocattl genus are sweethearts, esp Albo and Verdezi, Vagans are stunning. T Vagans is the cheaper and a SUPER upgrade from a G Pulchra).
LP is cute, eats well and easy to raise
I love my Nhandu Carapoensis so far too. It has a great attitude.

I haven’t tried aboreals or OW’s so can’t recommend any of them. I’m tempted to try my first OBT.

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
Any Pampho (Antious is AWESOME)
A Genic (eating machine and stunning)
V Chromatus (the CLASSIC tarantula. Beats B Harmorii hands down)
T Albo (must have, Tlilocattl genus are sweethearts, esp Albo and Verdezi, Vagans are stunning. T Vagans is the cheaper and a SUPER upgrade from a G Pulchra).
LP is cute, eats well and easy to raise
I love my Nhandu Carapoensis so far too. It has a great attitude.

I haven’t tried aboreals or OW’s so can’t recommend any of them. I’m tempted to try my first OBT.
OBTs are amazing T's, I highly recommend them but I am a little biased. As long as you rig their enclosures for fossorial with lots of aboveground anchor points, they will be a calm T. If you have your rehousing method down, then you can probably handle an OBT. I love these guys so much here is a candid pic 😛 20240109195752_IMG_4717~2.JPG

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Hello!

The British Tarantula Society exhibition is approaching fast and I'm looking to expand my collection. I've been looking at the traders' websites and the variety has my head spinning, and I can't make up my mind on what to get.

So, I wanted to ask if anyone could list their favourite(s) based on the following:

A new world terrestrial

A new world fossorial

An old world terrestrial

An old world fossorial

Heavy webbers

Dwarf species

Thank you!
Acanthoscurria geniculata
If you don’t already have a genic, read no further.

(Grammostola ihrengi 2nd place)
Ephebopus murinus
Harpactira pulchripes
Davus sp panama

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Alternatively

1: A genic
2: A genic
3: A genic
4: A genic
5: A genic
6: A genic
7: A genic
8: A genic
9: A genic
10: A genic
Can't go wrong. Basically the answer for anyone looking for a new T lmbo especially on AB.

SolifugidSultanate

Arachnopeon
Hello!

A new world terrestrial

A new world fossorial

An old world terrestrial

An old world fossorial

Heavy webbers

Dwarf species

Thank you!

My number one recommendation will always be the Grammostola Iheringi (entre rios, argentine black) its very handsome and also has the best feeding/hunting response of any tarantula I have kept and also it is very active!

NW terrestrial and fossorial: M. Robustum and G. Iheringi

OW terrestrial: idk to be honest

OW fossorial: Heterothele Gabonensis (its semi-fossorial*)

Heavy Webber: H. Gabonenesis

Dwarf Species; H. Gabonensis

Most Unique: I think the M. Robustum is very quirky but I am sure there are more unique tarantulas

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
A new world terrestrial: G. rosea, any Pamphobeteus species, B. auratum

A new world fossorial: M. robustum, E. uatuman

A new world arboreal: P. cambridgei

An old world arboreal: Not much to choose from in the OW 'terrestrial' category, so I changed it to arboreal. Poecilotheria species.

An old world fossorial: H. cafreriana, Chilobrachys species

Heavy webbers: S. calceatum, C. cyaneopubescens, P. murinus

Dwarf species: N. incei, D. diamantinensis

Most unique behaviour/appearance: C. marshalli. Can't go wrong with the horn on the carapace!