Favorite Species Thread

Harmonicon

Arachnoknight
What are your top 3 most favorite species of scorpions? It could be your top three that you would like to keep, or your favorites from experience.

Here's mine...
1. Centruroides gracilis
2. Hottentotta jayakari
3. Parabuthus capensis

I just love the amazing coloration on these buthids, and would love to keep them in the future.

P.S. I'm aware that there are similar posts on the boards, but none of them are active anymore and I wanted to start a new one for fun. If this is not allowed here, please let me know!

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Hard one, I love so many specieso_O
But I guess this would be my list;

1. I love all large central American Centruroides spp., but the coloration of C. bicolor in particular is just stunning.

2. Lychas scutilus. Love the colors, slender body and extreme sexual dimorphism.

3. I’m going to cheat and make this one a tie haha. Heterometrus swammerdami for it’s impressive size, and I just love their body proportions compared to other large species.
And Heteroctenus junceus, because come on, look at that color!

I guess that’s my current list. I’m fortunate enough to own all of these species, exept for C. bicolor, which will probably change in a week though haha, as I’m planning on buying a few of them.

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
1) isometroides vescus (spider hunting scorpion)
2) lychas buchari (yellow dune scorpion)
3) lychas jonesae (two toned thicktail scorpion)
I own none of them, but I plan to in the near future!

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Damn you, Australia.
The Australian Lychas species are so different from the Asian ones. I’d love to keep Lychas marmoreus if I was an Aussie.

scolopendra277

Arachnoknight
Damn you, Australia.
The Australian Lychas species are so different from the Asian ones. I’d love to keep Lychas marmoreus if I was an Aussie.
Yeah, they're very cool! funnily enough, lychas marmoreus is incredibly common in Australia and you find them all the time.
Tityus mattogrossensis looks really similar, and they're about the same size too. I think those will be a lot easier to find than marmoreus.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Yeah, they're very cool! funnily enough, lychas marmoreus is incredibly common in Australia and you find them all the time.
Tityus mattogrossensis looks really similar, and they're about the same size too. I think those will be a lot easier to find than marmoreus.
Another awesome species indeed!

Harmonicon

Arachnoknight
Never heard of those species! I'm gonna have to look them up

Thane1616

Arachnosquire
Orthochirus innesi(Egyptian pillar scorpion)
Pandinus imperator(Emperor scorpion)
Babycurus jacksoni(no common name)

People hate on Emps but there is something about watching them squeeze something then eat it no tail needed lol

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
What are your top 3 most favorite species of scorpions? It could be your top three that you would like to keep, or your favorites from experience.

Here's mine...
1. Centruroides gracilis
2. Hottentotta jayakari
3. Parabuthus capensis

I just love the amazing coloration on these buthids, and would love to keep them in the future.

P.S. I'm aware that there are similar posts on the boards, but none of them are active anymore and I wanted to start a new one for fun. If this is not allowed here, please let me know!
Babycurus gigas. Chaerilus sp. Java, and any Heterometrus.

Last edited:

Chris Geckos

Arachnopeon

Here's mine...
1. Centruroides gracilis
2. Hottentotta jayakari
3. Parabuthus capensis

I'm only allowed (3) scorpions by my better half, so that's an easy list to fill out

1) Parabuthus villosus "oranje"
2) Androctonus australis "Hector"
3) Nebo whitei

Have had the PVO and Hector for awhile, literally just got the Nebo this morning.

Butterbean83

Arachnopeon
I'm only allowed (3) scorpions by my better half, so that's an easy list to fill out

1) Parabuthus villosus "oranje"
2) Androctonus australis "Hector"
3) Nebo whitei

Have had the PVO and Hector for awhile, literally just got the Nebo this morning.
An old post but Parabuthus Villosus Orange Morph is one I wish I could own but it is on the DWA list in the UK so I can't. Nebo Whitei is going to be my first Scorpion I'm ordering that species tomorrow. 1 cm Scorpling. Do you keep it without a Water Bowl? I know they're an arid species but need slightly more humidity than say, Hadrurus Arizonensis. I see a lot of conflicting info on their care.

Hadrurus Arizonensis has to be the best looking Giant species.

If I had a license for hots another one I'd love to own is Hotentotta Flavidis.

Centruroides Gracilis Red Morph is nice too.

As I'm limited to no Buthids and Hemiscorpius aren't on my top 3 list anyway. I'm gonna say

Smeringurus Mesaensis
Hadrurus Arizonensis
Nebo Whitei

This list will probably change as I become familiar with more species.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
1. Tityus stigmurus
2. Hottentotta Franzwerneri
3. Leiurus jordanensis

What can I say. I like black and yellow lol

Mustafa67

Arachnosquire

Here's mine...
1. Centruroides gracilis
2. Hottentotta jayakari
3. Parabuthus capensis

I love my Hadurus Arizonensis Pallidus he/she’s so cute 😍 I don’t have any other scorpions, but I’m very impressed with the size of the Pandinus Imperator

gzophia

Arachnoknight
1. Uroctonus mordax
2. Smeringurus mesaensis
3. Pandinus imperator

adam james

Arachnosquire
1. Heterometrus silenus (i know they are common, but its my first)
2. Androctonus australis (love the body proportions)
3. Tityus stigmurus (beautiful markings and color)

Last edited:

MorbidArachnid

Arachnopeon
Very hard to choose! Reread this post and I'm going to narrow it down to 3 per.

As pets:
Paravaejovis spinigerus
Superstitionia donensis
Diplocentrus whitei

Just because I think they're cool:
Alacran tartarus
Troglotayosicus akaido
Ananteris sp

Last edited: