How many of you had owned a Hybrid T....

Have you owned a hybrid T?

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Would like to purchase one...

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Would never buy one.....

Votes: 31 51.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's the reason, that was stated several times. I'll bold and italicize for your convenience:

It's a hybrid and as long as it is alive there is potential for it to reproduce.

If Cody wants to kill it, he kills it. Big deal. I don't see people getting jumped on for dropping their spider 4 feet because they don't know enough about keeping them to handle them close to the ground.

I see people killing avics because they don't know their housing/humidity/ventilation requirements.

I see people killing blondi for the same reasons as above.

There is a very easy solution the 'Cody killing a hybrid' problem. Don't sell/send/give Cody a hybrid.

Mountains out of molehills, anyone?

Chris, your PETH thing is laughable.
@shell
This clearly shows him giving the reason to kill a T and then he says big deal if he does

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope you aren't a member of tarantulas.us because that is about to be my main source of communication, because since I have joined, all the posts I have seen by you, you have been shooting down new hobbyists, putting people down of what they say and like you said, it is laughable, I start threads just hoping I don't have to see your input, because it doesn't help. I understand the argument for not hybridizing, crossbreeding and all of it, but there is no argument in killing a T. If you can condone killing a T for the stupid reason of it being a hybrid, then congratulations, you are not a true lover of T's. Oh wait earlier you said you wouldn't kill a hybrid if you had it. Gee I'm seeing the same back and forth that me and cody have been doing except you are doing it with yourself. Cody thanks for the fun and exciting argument you have provided, and just to let you know I agree with everything you have said, but the killing of the T. @xhexdx sheesh I swear you think you are the coolest member here, but I don't care. You can continue shooting down new hobbyists, and anyone else, just realize you aren't helping.

P.s. Cody I will no longer prod at you and poke you for answers, I'll move on to someone else lol
That sounds familiar, is that another forum?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That sounds familiar, is that another forum?
Yeah, and they have better categorized subforums like DIY tips, tarantula chat, newbie chat, caresheets, etc. except the design isn't as good as this one, like the user info on the side and such.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
@shell
This clearly shows him giving the reason to kill a T and then he says big deal if he does
Wow, way to go to every length and twist words.

"It's a hybrid and as long as it is alive there is potential for it to reproduce."

He didn't say he would kill them (in fact he clearly said he wouldn't) but agrees that by them being around, there is always a potential for reproduction, therefore he can understand and agree (again, to a point) with what Cody is saying. It's pretty clear to me.

With that, I'm done, it's bedtime. I'm not going to keep going back and forth, since it's obvious the argument won't end.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, way to go to every length and twist words.

"It's a hybrid and as long as it is alive there is potential for it to reproduce."

He didn't say he would kill them (in fact he clearly said he wouldn't) but agrees that by them being around, there is always a potential for reproduction, therefore he can understand and agree (again, to a point) with what Cody is saying. It's pretty clear to me.
I did not twist anything, he told me what the reason was, and then he said big deal if someone kills it. How can you agree to a point, that point being that xhexdx wouldn't kill one, but then he said so what if cody killed it? That shows he wouldn't do it, but he doesn't care if others do it. If he was against it, he wouldnt say big deal if someone else was doing it.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
K thats enough you guys!!!!

So.... ok anyone else own a hybrid... any other sp's out ther???

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I did not twist anything, he told me what the reason was, and then he said big deal if someone kills it. How can you agree to a point, that point being that xhexdx wouldn't kill one, but then he said so what if cody killed it? That shows he wouldn't do it, but he doesn't care if others do it. If he was against it, he wouldnt say big deal if someone else was doing it.
He never said he was against it OR for it! Simply that he can see the point Cody is making, but he himself wouldn't likely kill one. I get it and I agree 100% with him.

This has just gotten so far out of hand that it would seem people aren't fully reading or understanding anymore.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He never said he was against it OR for it! Simply that he can see the point Cody is making, but he himself wouldn't likely kill one. I get it and I agree 100% with him.

This has just gotten so far out of hand that it would seem people aren't fully reading or understanding anymore.
Probably, I agree that I have probably overemphasized as well as others. I will end at this. I WILL NOT CONSIDER ANYONE WHO WILL KILL A T SIMPLY FOR IT BEING A HYBRID AS A TRUE HOBBYIST. A T IS A T, HYBRID OR NOT, AND DESERVES TO LIVE. Everything you love about the T's you have now are the same traits and characteristics that hybrids have. If you can kill a T, with no problem, just for it being a hybrid and nothing else wrong, just step back and realize that that T deserves to live just as much as any pure T you have.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't see the moral argument behind choosing not to euthanize a hybrid tarantula.

In what way is killing a tarantula less ethical than killing a cricket?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't see the moral argument behind choosing not to euthanize a hybrid tarantula.

In what way is killing a tarantula less ethical than killing a cricket?
Well are tarantulas shipped in the thousands and sold as feeder insects? No.... crickets are bred for that purpose. Tarantulas aren't. Crickets also don't live as long as tarantulas. How long do crickets live? Weeks or months? A hybrid T can live YEARS

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far as ethics go, there's no real difference. It's emotional, for us. We love our T's, but not our cricks(of course, some do..).

Nothing is right or wrong, per se, in this discussion, and therefore we'll never agree. It's all about our emotions.

I can't tell you all to go vegan, because it's none of my beeswax. As long as you can live with what you do, we can all just step down, basicly..

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Note: I didnt really read the thread... just a driveby opinion posting...

I like hybrids, for my personal curiosity. I have a MF P. irminiaxcambridgei who I mated with a male that was supposedly from the same sac... She has produced two sacs, both were fertile both were lost because of accidents(1st: Crushed sac when I went to remove it, 2nd: mold infested obviously healthy and fertile eggs).

I wouldnt really be comfortable with anyone buying or selling hybrids, though... Especially not if they were selling hybrids(or even Ts of unsure parentage) as pure species of one half of the pairing... Had any offspring resulted from the mating I had performed they would have stayed with me(yes all of them) and I would have frozen any I didnt plan to keep.

Anyway... Talkenlate04 has admitted to hybridizing, other people have as well, why is everyone getting soo up tight about them?

And pics! Enjoy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/i_am_subverted/3654718823/
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2447/3742688558_c2ba5fa9ab_b.jpg

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Wow... just wow...

It looks like the thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.