How many of you had owned a Hybrid T....

Have you owned a hybrid T?

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Would like to purchase one...

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Would never buy one.....

Votes: 31 51.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Chris - We both stated that we would not buy a KNOWN hybrid T, nor would we breed them. And we would not kill them either.... :)

I don't see what's so hard to understand about it?
*cough*readthethread*cough*

I don't own any hybrids, but if anyone does own any, please post pics. I would love to see them. As for buying one, yes I would buy one. I have no interest in breeding hybrids or cross breeding to make any. Just because they are a hybrid, doesn't mean they wouldn't make for awesome T's. (As long as there is no breeding involved)

Please post pics if anyone has any hybrids.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So, some who doesn't know how to care for a T, is the same as cody willingly killing his T...talk about laughable. {D
I'm glad my PETH is laughable. It's really funny that I would treat hybrids just like any of my other T's. I guess xhedx finds a lot laughable.

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It is. Why would you buy a living creature, not knowing how to care for it? How can you justify such idiocy?
sigh. So, why would you willingly kill a living creature if you care so much for them? That's the idiocy!

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sadly, this is all too common. Not just with Ts, but with all animals. People think they know what an animal needs because of stereotypes sometimes, and actually don't have a damn clue as to what it actually needs. As a result, the health of the animal suffers. Easter rabbits/chicks would be an excellent example. And it is also indefensible.
Yeah, it is sad.. But saying not having taken the time to read isn't as bad as stomping on a tarantula is just idiotic. It's like having your dog die, and say "oh, was it supposed eat something else than tissue paper?"

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Phobephile- while i can sorta see your point. the fact is. if i bought a hybrid from a seller, and i found out. first...im getting my money back, then he gets a very nasty review(which would lead to him loosing money in the long run, because not everyone wants a hybrid) then im killing the T. i feel insecure about having people even have them. it makes me uneasy knowing i could even potentially get one on accident.

so yeah...what happens if this college student keeps a T in his dorm(a hybrid) the campus people find out and make him sell it. he will probably not care to tell anyone its a hybrid. why well because he has alot more to loose than worry about who gets a hybrid T and what they are going to do with it.

now say the buyer)probably someone from craigslist) finds AB and sells it to someone as whatever...now we have the potential for more hybrids.

there is a cycle to why it is still happening.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sigh. So, why would you willingly kill a living creature if you care so much for them? That's the idiocy!
Oh honestly.. Can you read? Can you scroll? Good, scroll up.. You will see I said I would never kill a hybrid. But I don't think it to be better to keep a tarantula under abissmal conditions because you couldn't be bothered to do a bit of research.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Chris...join PETA...geeze.

It is stated 5 or 6 times why i would kill it. let me list them for you in a numbered sequence so you can comprehend.:wall:

1. It is a hybrid

2. i cannot trust ALL hobbyist to be 100% truth full.

3. it(can) muddy up our current hobby stocks gene pool.

4. people worked hard for decades to promote pure stock.

5. respect

6. because i love tarantulas and i dont want people breeding these experiments.

7. if we let everyone who come across a hybrid "keep it because they wont breed it" how do we know they wont sell it to someone who will?

these are my reasons. Get over it. i havent seen 1 thing you have done for the hobby, other than agree to muddy the gene pools. So keep on my friend, and see where the hobby goes.:rolleyes:

go ahead and start PETH or whatever. but just know, there are people you are truly insulting by doing so.
The whole PETH thing is a joke so you can get over it. Secondly like your points indicate
Respect and that you love tarantulas
Oh yeah I respect and love tarantulas so I'm just gonna kill one because it's a hybrid. You make me sick. I don't breed and even if I did I wouldn't crossbreed. So you can get your facts before you distort them. I can't muddy anything by not breeding. I'm ashamed to know that I'm in a hobby where people will kill the actual objects of their hobby for some stupid selfish reason.

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I voted "would never buy one" because I wouldn't... intentionally, however I do believe 1 of my 3 and only adult cambridgei isn't infact a pure cambrdgei. It's about 6" fully grown and has darker striping on its legs than any cambridgei I've ever seen before and its abdominal coloration is apparently intermediate between irminia and cambridgei. I raised it from a 3/4" sling and have suspected hybridization since it was a mid-sized juvi. All in all, one of my favorite arboreals and a great specimen, but I wouldn't have bought it knowing this at the time.

TBH

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh honestly.. Can you read? Can you scroll? Good, scroll up.. You will see I said I would never kill a hybrid. But I don't think it to be better to keep a tarantula under abissmal conditions because you couldn't be bothered to do a bit of research.
You're the one comparing the two... :?

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd still be gaining more ground than you. ;)
How old are you!? 8?

How about actually answering what's being said to you, instead of making snyde, immature remarks whenevr someone says something that doesn't fir your plan..

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
you dont....thats is my ultimate point....geeze...that is why i say kill them so that question cant be asked....:wall::wall::wall::clap:

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
(shhhh...did you hear that!?) i think Chris just pulled his head out of his butthole!:clap:

Nice quote too, I will let you keep it

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Protectyaaaneck and CAK in particular - how do you know your spiders are hybrids?
I should have included that I "think" mine is a hybrid. I got multiple opinions on it a while back that thought the same. I bought it as a p. cambridgei and it definitely doesn't look like a p. cambridgei. I never did get in contact with the seller and I probably don't plan on it because I'm still satisfied in what I got and that's a pretty spider.
Ok, that's fair.

I realize there hasn't been any documentation regarding color variations in either irminia or cambridgei, but would you (or CAK) concede that there may even be that possibility? Unless someone specifically breeds the two together, there's no absolute way of knowing it's a hybrid, right?
Hey X!(sorry, couldn't resist Joejoe! {D)

I do concede, I don't know for sure. I agree with Jason! I don't know. All I am able to go off of are the signs that indicate hybrid.

Sorry, i'm trying to get caught up on the posts here. The page numbers are climbing faster than I can read. :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.