Lampropelma violaceopes rehousing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Not a smart way to transfer OW arboreals. It could have just as easily run up your arm and on your back, or across the room.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not a smart way to transfer OW arboreals. It could have just as easily run up your arm and on your back, or across the room.
Nothing personal but I'm not a newbie. You might want to check out my join date. I've been doing this for a very long time. She is not aggressive at all. She may be a little flighty at times but I can handle her very easily. I have handled my fair share of fast T's

---------- Post added 12-17-2014 at 10:57 AM ----------

+1. Always use a container.
This is sound advice for those who are less experienced

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
It is your choice to handle whatever you feel like. But you are playing with fire. Its all good until you get bit. Just saying.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's a Beautiful specimen .
Thank you. I can't wait for her to get a few inches bigger

---------- Post added 12-17-2014 at 11:06 AM ----------

It is your choice to handle whatever you feel like. But you are playing with fire. Its all good until you get bit. Just saying.
I have never been bit. Yes it's my choice to handle. Not everyone should. I am experienced and I know what I am doing.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Nothing personal but I'm not a newbie. You might want to check out my join date. I've been doing this for a very long time. She is not aggressive at all. She may be a little flighty at times but I can handle her very easily. I have handled my fair share of fast T's

---------- Post added 12-17-2014 at 10:57 AM ----------

This is sound advice for those who are less experienced
They are unpredictable, and if you were as experienced as you think you are, you'd have seen that a number of times already. I've transferred many to new cages, and last year had a juvenile regalis (same size as your LV) run out, jump on me, and run inside my shirt. No one can see that coming, just as you can't predict that your violaceopes won't suddenly make a dash up your arm and on your back, or run across the floor and get loose.

Transferring juvenile OW arboreals by hand is using poor judgment, not a sign of experience. Beginners can do it too, and be equally caught off guard when the spider does something unexpected. Your join date means nothing when you do things like this. It's not an example of your skill and prowess, it's a example of 'What not to do.'

cold blood

Staff member
+1 poec

No amount of experience allows you to read the mind of a t. Experience should mean extra precautions based on previous experiences....not less precautions because you've done it before, that is just not logical.

I'm certainly glad you haven't been tagged yet, hopefully it stays that way.

Beautiful t btw, it is a stunner.

Just the way I see it, to each their own.

Last edited:

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are unpredictable, and if you were as experienced as you think you are, you'd have seen that a number of times already. I've transferred many to new cages, and last year had a juvenile regalis (same size as your LV) run out, jump on me, and run inside my shirt. No one can see that coming, just as you can't predict that your violaceopes won't suddenly make a dash up your arm and on your back, or run across the floor and get loose.

Transferring juvenile OW arboreals by hand is using poor judgment, not a sign of experience. Beginners can do it too, and be equally caught off guard when the spider does something unexpected. Your join date means nothing when you do things like this. It's not an example of your skill and prowess, it's a example of 'What not to do.'
Your quite the know it all aren't you? So you know me and my experience level too... Impressive. My join date does account for the fact I have been actively in the hobby since 2005. Got my first T in 1998. I have had experience in virtually every genus available on the market. I am very hands on with all my T's. I always have been and that won't change. I don't need you telling me what I am doing is wrong. That's your opinion (not a fact). I am comfortable holding my old worlds. I have a 6" M. balfouri that I hold constantly and I am sure you would say the same. She is very gentle and I have never had a problem. Each tarantula is different in personality regardless of the species. You can have a B. smithi that's aggressive and you can't handle or you can have a L. violaceopes that isn't aggressive. If you are unaware of this fact then you clearly don't have as much experience as you think you do

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
M. balfouri

Yep an old world that looks real high strung. By the way the handling was done over a bed. She is very tame and I know my spiders personalities and when they are upset or when they are chilled. How did I get to know their personalities? Through handling experience. You learn what not to do through handling.

Attachments

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Your quite the know it all aren't you? So you know me and my experience level too... Impressive. My join date does account for the fact I have been actively in the hobby since 2005. Got my first T in 1998. I have had experience in virtually every genus available on the market. I am very hands on with all my T's. I always have been and that won't change. I don't need you telling me what I am doing is wrong. That's your opinion (not a fact). I am comfortable holding my old worlds. I have a 6" M. balfouri that I hold constantly and I am sure you would say the same. She is very gentle and I have never had a problem. Each tarantula is different in personality regardless of the species. You can have a B. smithi that's aggressive and you can't handle or you can have a L. violaceopes that isn't aggressive. If you are unaware of this fact then you clearly don't have as much experience as you think you do
Experience means nothing in this instance; no need to act like a jerk. An animal may at some point become defensive...at a time of their choosing, not ours...regardless of how many years we've been keeping them in glass or plastic boxes. Like it or not, none of us are special "spider whisperers" regardless of "experience". I don't usually get involved in the "handling vs. no handling" drama crap that happens on here, but the level of arrogance you're displaying here is a bit ridiculous.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Well, it really is your choice to handle or not, get bit, your problem, T dies because of handling, your problem.. and most of all your fault.. just like it is your choice.. anyhow I have to agree with poec54 here, in fact you are right, he is the 'know it all' if that is how you want to state it. Everyone knows stan with the massive collection of nw Ts that got bit countless times due from handling, and everyone knows poec54 with the huge collection consisting mainly of ow Ts, who never gor bit.. and regarding to experience, poec54 has been in this hobby for a LOT longer than you can actually think, and has way more experience with Ts than anyone else I have ever seen.. so I don't think you have any right talking about experience here. Just because you handle ow Ts , doesn't mean that you are experienced, in-fact its more on the irresponsible side.

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Experience means nothing in this instance; no need to act like a jerk. An animal may at some point become defensive...at a time of their choosing, not ours...regardless of how many years we've been keeping them in glass or plastic boxes. Like it or not, none of us are special "spider whisperers" regardless of "experience". I don't usually get involved in the "handling vs. no handling" drama crap that happens on here, but the level of arrogance you're displaying here is a bit ridiculous.
Given the fact that I have over 12 years of experience handling defensive T's and I have someone telling me that I shouldn't handle that doesn't or hasn't handled aggressive T's themselves I have every right to defend myself. If you have been there and done that then you can make statements that have relevance.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Given the fact that I have over 12 years of experience handling defensive T's and I have someone telling me that I shouldn't handle that doesn't or hasn't handled aggressive T's themselves I have every right to defend myself. If you have been there and done that then you can make statements that have relevance.
Poec54 has doubled that amount of years in experience with ow Ts, if not more (if I'm not mistaking Poec54?)

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, it really is your choice to handle or not, get bit, your problem, T dies because of handling, your problem.. and most of all your fault.. just like it is your choice.. anyhow I have to agree with poec54 here, in fact you are right, he is the 'know it all' if that is how you want to state it. Everyone knows stan with the massive collection of nw Ts that got bit countless times due from handling, and everyone knows poec54 with the huge collection consisting mainly of ow Ts, who never gor bit.. and regarding to experience, poec54 has been in this hobby for a LOT longer than you can actually think, and has way more experience with Ts than anyone else I have ever seen.. so I don't think you have any right talking about experience here. Just because you handle ow Ts , doesn't mean that you are experienced, in-fact its more on the irresponsible side.
Again your opinion. I handle my T's responsibly and always over soft surfaces.

---------- Post added 12-17-2014 at 11:57 AM ----------

Also just making a point here this was me showing my T in her new enclosure not a handling thread

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Again your opinion. I handle my T's responsibly and always over soft surfaces.
. I don't really care if you handle your Ts or not, none of my business personaly.. but stating that poec is "inexperienced" just because he doesn't handle, and because you don't know the experience he has is way off..

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
. I don't really care if you handle your Ts or not, none of my business personaly.. but stating that poec is "inexperienced" just because he doesn't handle, and because you don't know the experience he has is way off..
I am not stating that he is an inexperienced keeper. I am however stating that he is an inexperienced handler because he clearly does not handle his OW tarantulas. So that does make him inexperienced with handling. End of discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.