User Bloo's Pictures Thread

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I had a special delivery today! My beautiful new baby GBB arrived, who has been named The Luggage.
Luggage1.jpg
Luggage3.jpg
Luggage4.jpg

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I also wanted to post some pictures of Kiffnie Holt's great packaging job.

Kiffnie1.jpg The box at arrival.
Kiffnie2.jpg Inside was a styrofoam cooler packed tightly in newspaper.
Kiffnie3.jpg The cooler was stuffed with newspaper also, surrounding the deli container. On the outside of the newspaper was a small "handwarmer" typed heat pack. Everything inside the cooler was slightly, comfortably warm to the touch.

Inside the deli container was wadded, slightly damp toweling with a small depression that the spider was in. He/she was a little rattled when I opened the container, even though I was being careful, and he/she bolted... luckily I was prepared for this and was able to carefully move the spider from my fingerless gloves I was wearing (my hands get cold easily) into his/her new home.

Dave Marschang

Arachnoknight
very nice! you were able to get his enclosure bone dry, but damp right? lol
(because of the conflicting opinions in the last post...get it? ...right?.....oh nevermind it was funnier in my head)

Zymotic

Arachnopeon
Crikey, mate. That's a monster! You're far safer dealing with crocodiles and diamondback rattlesnakes than you are the likes of that beautiful creature.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
She/He hid under her/his cork bark most of today, but then she/he decided to come out and pose.
The Luggage - 22.jpg
The Luggage - 20.jpg

My husband just got home and opened up the deli cup, and we could see that The Luggage has begun silking up the enclosure already, around the corkbark. I'm so pleased! He/she likes his/her new home!

Man, I can't wait until I get a molt big enough to sex because this pronoun stuff is crazypants. I may just default to "her" for ease -- and out of hope. ;)

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Man, I can't wait until I get a molt big enough to sex because this pronoun stuff is crazypants. I may just default to "her" for ease -- and out of hope. ;)
Tech the next molt COULD be sexed if you get it back before its munched on

And we pretty much all do.. Tho it seems i called my gbb's she and got hes, and almost everyone elese i said he and most r shes xD so im personally only saying she to the 1.5"+ boehmei but who knows i was gona open her molt today but got other stuff to do xc

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Tech the next molt COULD be sexed if you get it back before its munched on

And we pretty much all do.. Tho it seems i called my gbb's she and got hes, and almost everyone elese i said he and most r shes xD so im personally only saying she to the 1.5"+ boehmei but who knows i was gona open her molt today but got other stuff to do xc
Yeah, I'mma try to get it. At least they're not a burrowing species so I have a shot. However, I don't have a microscope and I don't know how much I trust my aging eyes... ;)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Yeah, I'mma try to get it. At least they're not a burrowing species so I have a shot. However, I don't have a microscope and I don't know how much I trust my aging eyes... ;)
Pictures do wonders ;) i used my gs3 for most of my sexings lol then i got a scope

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Well, only have the one spider at the moment, so buying a whole scope to sex it seems like a misguided idea. Hopefully the photo trick will work.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
He/she is lovely -- amazing how different a sling looks from adult color -- the sling markings are lovely though.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
He/she is lovely -- amazing how different a sling looks from adult color -- the sling markings are lovely though.
And not all lose the stiped abd xp mine has a little by his carapas and he hookedn my buddy had a male hook out 2 months ago at 3" (holy how was that small for his 6. Giant) and he had most of his baby colors but blue legs xD

---------- Post added 03-28-2015 at 10:10 AM ----------

Well, only have the one spider at the moment, so buying a whole scope to sex it seems like a misguided idea. Hopefully the photo trick will work.
True. But its fun to look at things with them! Idk how many times iv sat with mine looking at something random, money, fabrics my own nail once xD was well interesting, but im big into science so maybe thats why ^.^

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Right?! One of the reasons I wanted a sling as young as (s)he is is because the sling colors are so neat. Plus, I hear they change markings with nearly every molt, so I want to see the progress.

I am completely in love with my little baby. (S)He's been working really hard laying down silk, and today gobbled up a pre-killed small cricket in no time flat. I'm considering offering another since (s)he seemed so hungry!

---------- Post added 03-28-2015 at 06:55 PM ----------

True. But its fun to look at things with them! Idk how many times iv sat with mine looking at something random, money, fabrics my own nail once xD was well interesting, but im big into science so maybe thats why ^.^
Well, that's a good point. And my stepkids might enjoy it also. I'll consider it.

Ripa

Arachnobaron
It does make the point that the slings of GBB resemble Hapalopus sp. to some extent, notably in the markings.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Posing with dinner

Second cricket.jpg

I gave her a second pre-killed cricket. I can practically hear the slurping.