User Bloo's Pictures Thread

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
No pictures yet, but I'm happy to report that thanks to the awesome DamonVikki the Bloo-Brood has increased. The Luggage has two new... siblings? neighbors?... an adorable A versicolor sling and a chubby little B boehmei sling. I'm over the moon!

I think I've decided the versis name is Lagertha, after the awesome shield-maiden on Vikings. However, I haven't thought of a good one for the boehmei yet!

Last edited:

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Crappy pics, but pics.

I'll get some better pictures eventually but here's Lagertha the A versicolor:

image.jpg

And the B boehmei, who's trying out the name Norma to see if it fits:

image.jpg

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
lol not too bad.. did you realy make a 4 sided hide [top and 3 sides] out of cork background flats?? lol

horanjp

Arachnosquire
I missed my opportunity to photograph that particular GBB instar in my own specimens and I'll never forgive myself. It's all downhill to tri-color-ness from there!

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Actually, they came from Damon that way. It's three sided, and made out of some nice smooth lightweight particle board.

---------- Post added 07-16-2015 at 08:56 PM ----------

Downhill?? Only uphill, man. I love the adult colors. I love ALL the colors, but blue and green are my two fave colors, so....

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Finally, some better pictures of my Avic versicolor sling! I rehoused her today; here she is checking out her new digs.

IMG_3732.jpg
IMG_3723.jpg
IMG_3726.jpg

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
[video=youtube;hwo-qeQcFF0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwo-qeQcFF0[/video]
[video=youtube;BUCi1JeqvpE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUCi1JeqvpE[/video]

Lagertha being a cutie and working on her new home.

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
She seems so happy with her new enclosure that I haven't seen more than toes in days, heh. Hope you guys enjoy those pics/vids above because it seems likely to be the only ones I'll get for a good long time...

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
She seems so happy with her new enclosure that I haven't seen more than toes in days, heh. Hope you guys enjoy those pics/vids above because it seems likely to be the only ones I'll get for a good long time...
Welcome to arboreals ^.^ once shes older youl see her out n about, but thats a ways away ;)

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
IMG_3757.jpg

The other day, The Luggage was actually out and about, clear on the other side of the enclosure from her hide. This is rare these days; she's usually under her cork bark or in her tubeweb. I snapped a few quick pics before she got annoyed by the light and strolled back under cover.

The camera really picks up her coloration more than you can see in person -- her legs mostly look black and the green shine of the carapace is really hard to see in normal light. Quite a change from the little pink-legged baby from the thread's start, though, huh??

Edited to add: You know, looking at this photo and comparing it with the ones from when I moved her into this enclosure, it occurs to me she must have stealth-molted at some point. Her carapace is a totally different color and she's quite a bit larger, too. Cheeky devil. No wonder she was looking so skinny a couple weeks back...

Last edited:

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Edited to add: You know, looking at this photo and comparing it with the ones from when I moved her into this enclosure, it occurs to me she must have stealth-molted at some point. Her carapace is a totally different color and she's quite a bit larger, too. Cheeky devil. No wonder she was looking so skinny a couple weeks back...
This actually doesnt shock me at all, i had one who stayed in a tube web 10% of time and the other in an elaborate web maze.. The one in the maze i was lucky to see when he pushed a molt off and only seen tha because id shine a light inthrough all 6 entrances and sometimes id see a new spot with a molt in it -.- this sucker didnt even pop out of his laboryth from 1.5" till pen-ult -.- and you call yours a cheeky devil xD

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Stealth molt confirmed. While she was out in her tube web, I shined a light beneath her cork bark hide and allll the way at the back I could make out a leg. So either she became two spiders or there's an exuvium back there. No way to get at it without destroying her whole web and hide, so I guess it's there to stay.

In other news, Lagertha the versicolor was actually out briefly this afternoon, adding some silk to her own tube web. I have been worried about her as she hasn't been taking food and I'd barely seen her, but she looked great, actually... healthy and active. I put a pre-killed crick onto her tube web after she went back in, thinking maybe her activity meant she was ready to eat again... we'll see if she accepts it.

Norma the boehmei has been eating like a little piggy, even though she seems pretty dark. I keep thinking she's in premolt, but she keeps accepting food, so maybe not...

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
My wee versi has made her web horizontally across the entire top of the lid of her enclosure and has attached it to the lid! I've had to put in a piece of plastic I can lift up to feed her with, the little git. She molted just last week and is a little bigger than yours now (leggier, anyway!). Your enclosure for yours looks great!

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
The Luggage is tarantuling. Last night she was out and about again, to my surprise, photos below both with and without flash.

When I woke this morning, I found she'd decided to move house, under a much smaller piece of cork bark, blocking off one side with silk and dirt. Not sure why she suddenly decided the old digs were suddenly no bueno after months of happily hiding there, but like I said, tarantuling. On the plus side, maybe I can get at that exuvium now.

image.jpg
image.jpg