Small NW species - ID?

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hapalopus sp.?

I have no clue what this spider is. The importer didn't know either. Also, he can't remember which import it came in with :wall:

Either way, i just figured i'd take some pics of it and post them. Very flighty in nature, no hair-kicking, or threat poses, just likes to take off and try to hide.
Got to love those nice abdominal markings near the spinnerets! I'll see if i can't vent sex it tonight.

Thanks in advance -- Dan
ps; YES, i have it in a new enclosure, with clean substrate and NO wadded up paper-towel ;)

Last edited:

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hapalopus guianensis has those same marking on the abdomen but the body shape looks totally different.

how big is that guy?

moose

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hapalopus guianensis has those same marking on the abdomen but the body shape looks totally different.

how big is that guy?

moose
about 2.5", maybe 3"? i'll get a more accurate measurement sometime later tonight or tomorrow, when i try to sex it via vent.

also, now that i think about it, this importer has recently done a huge peruvian import, so it may have came in from peru.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very pretty! Will be interested to hear what folks think of it..

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
gah, where's Mr. Reynolds when ya need him {D

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey man, I got your PM, but I see Tom has already pointed you in the right direction. Nice spider.

Eric

sweet. thanks eric, tom, and everyone else. I'll be sure to get a better size measurement on it tonight, and i'll see if i can vent sex it.

-dan

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You are lucky. You need to see if that importer has anymore...

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You are a lucky. You need to see if that importer has anymore...

Chris

Actually, I bought it to re-sell, as I could tell it was something very rare and unique. But now, i think i might keep it... seems to be pretty rare, and i'll check back with that importer.

dan

Last edited by a moderator:

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, it appears to be a female from vent, at least to me. 3.25" legspan :)