Introduce Yourself

acdclovr12

Arachnopeon
Hey all

Hi guys! Acdclovr12 here, I'm new to tarantulas in general and am still in the process of getting my first! Hope to learn a lot
from all you guys :) Other than tarantulas, I'm a huge reptile and dog fan. See you around :)

MeganRM

Arachnopeon
Re-introducing myself.

Hello everyone,I have introduced myself before but I had not been on here for years and only posted once or twice. So,I am still pretty new year. Anyways my name is Megan and I been into reptiles,scorpians and spiders my whole life. I own over twenty different reptiles but never have I got a tarantula. Hope to get a few this year.

LadyLuck

Arachnopeon
You have quite and awesome wish list! I recently saw a p. metalica and it was one awesome looking critter! They are truly beautiful! Good luck to you on your quest for arachnid knowledge. I know a thing or two about them so if you have questions just ask!

Norm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My name is Norm

I've only been keeping Ts for a few months now. Already have 15 of 'em, and itchin for more. I'm interested in setting up some breeding projects and making some new friends here. So far I have G. rosea, P. regalis, Lampropelma violaceopes, A. avicularia, A. versicolor, L. parahybana, Obt, and Gbb. I also am breeding parakeets, cockatiels, mice, and emperor scorpion. I work as a pet care associate in Saline, MI. I love Tarantulas and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!

cj5y

Arachnopeon
hey guys, my name is matt. i have about 20 Ts, a few scorpions, and a cat. im look forward to meeting yall, and talking about what we all love. :)

Cornille

Arachnopeon
hi im new

im 26 im actually looking to buy some t blondies but have no idea where to start i was told come here but im no computer expert so im lost .... pls help

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My name is Jackie, and I’m from South Carolina.

My interest in arthropods began with my childhood fascination with ants. (There was a time when I wanted to be an entomologist.) However, in the last few years, I’ve become increasingly interested in spiders.

I stumbled upon this forum while searching for pictures of Kukulcania hibernalis. (A spider that I’ve had for three months recently molted into a mature-looking male, which my husband mistook for poor health due to the change in coloration.) Other than my three recently-acquired K. hibernalis specimens, I don’t have any experience with keeping spiders. I am hoping to learn more.

inkynebula

Arachnopeon
Hi all! I'm Faye, 26, and I live in Greece. I have spiders, scorpions, geckos, snakes, and a cat! ^_^

Bonzai

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi there

I'm from South Africa
27 Years of age
Almost 2 years into the hobby now
My wife supports me in the hobby but dislikes Tarantulas
I have +-140 Tarantulas in my collection

mark murphy

Arachnopeon
mark jones

hi everyone.
Im mark.The proud new owner of a mexican red leg tarantula(murphy).Im a novice to keeping tarantulas so any tips will be gratefully received.spending most of my time worrying if he is ok really good to see there is a website like this to help.

Moonwolf87

Arachnopeon
Hey there Everyone

Well hello there everyone. My name is Sarah, and I am new to the forums. I am from Las Vegas, NV and have been in the hobby for around 7 years now. I started my collection of course with a Rose hair, but now I also have a Red Rump, Mexican Red Knee, Chaco Golden Knee, and a Gooty Sapphire Ornamental.

I would love to get a Brazilian Black, Flame Knee, and a Brazilian Salmon eventually down the line. I don't have a lot of T's but love the ones I have. They are beautiful and fascinating creatures.

sirMichaelJam

Arachnopeon
My first T. Just what the doctor ordered.

Hello,
My name is Michael, first off I am intensely afraid of spiders and I have been for my entire life. My wife and I stopped at the pet store, Pet Planet, about 2 months ago in Shelbyville Tennessee. We went in to look at the birds and bunnies not the kreepy crawly things. We walked around the pet store and went around to the spiders and snakes where they have the most beautiful snake, her name is speedbump she’s about 160+Lbs. Anyway somehow we got to the tarantulas and my skin began to crawl and my toes were trying to touch my heels. My wife encouraged the folks to take the spider out and hold it so we could see it up close. They took the spider out and I was freaking out, they could see the fear in my eyes. My wife and my 24yo daughter let the tarantula crawl across their hands, with the help of the person helping us. They were encouraging me to do the same, I was like, there is no way I am letting that thing crawl across anything on me. With enough prodding I gave in and let them put the spider on my coat sleeve for a hot second. Again they could see the fear in my eyes as well as my body. I was in the moment and I decided to buy him with my birthday money, the folks at Pet Planet were and are great, they hooked me up with a terrarium for him and we agreed that if I couldn’t handle it, I could bring him back so he could find a home with someone else. Well here we are at 2 months and my knowledge of Tarantulas has been expanded and I am a happy T owner. His name is Doc, he’s a rose hair. I have held him multiple times with the help of the staff at the Pet Planet. They have really been a great help for me to get over my fear of spiders. I would have never thought I would be able to hold Doc.He sits on my desk all day (I work from home) and he is my work buddy. I have 3 shitzus as well and I love Doc just as much as I love my dogs, who would have ever thought!

Saark

Arachnosquire
New to the boards

Hi all,

My name is Gary and I'm 42 and have had tarantulas on and off since I was about 17. I'm a casual hobbyist, I've never attempted any breeding and don't really want to and I've never had more than a couple at a time. I like to make attractive set ups for them and that is just not conducive to keeping large numbers of animals. but in the past have had Mexican Red Knee (my first T), Chilean Rose, African King Baboon, Antilles Pink Toe, and a Salmon Pink Bird Eater. I currently have a Mexican Red Knee that is about 8 years old named Mrs Smith and I just got a beautiful 3 yr old female Goliath Bird Eater that I've named Shelob (seemed appropriate :) ) I'll post a pic or two soon.

Oh, I also have two cats, an English Mastiff, goldfish and 5 degus.

Other critters I've kept in the past include a Vietnamese giant centipede (S. subspinipes). What a wild little unit that thing was. Evil incarnate I'd swear, but I loved it :) I also had a Ghost Mantis. She was the neatest little creature. Unfortunately, their lifespan is just too short for my liking. a Burmese python (my first snake), parakeets, ferrets, rats, mice - regular, satin and curly haired, gerbils, hamsters, a Fat tailed Gecko, Iguanas, Brazilian Rainbow boas and tropical fish. And of course, I've pretty much always had cats and dogs in my life.

Well, that's about it for now.

AlusiveVariable

Arachnopeon
Hey Guys

Hey All,
My name is Tyler and I thought I should introduce myself. I am 23 yrs old and I am from Seattle, WA. I currently live in Kennewick, WA where I work as a "Floor Covering Installation Technician". I am a proud Christian, and am very involved with my Church (Calvary Chapel Tri-Cities) and even host a Saturday night Bible study for 30+ members of my congregation. When I'm not working at my job or at Church I am an Arachno-Freak. I currently have 11 T's and a Pregnant P. Imperator (which should give birth any day now) I have always loved animals/bugs but only in the past couple years discovered my love for Arachnids. None of my friends share my passion/interest for these little guys so I thought I'd join a society with others that understand, so here I am...

Thanks for Reading,
Tyler

Attachments

Last edited:

Tfrog

Arachnopeon
Newby

Hi my name is Gerard
I am a lover of all animals. I have studued Animal Science at college up here in Onatrio. I plan of taking more courses to study in the near future to further my knowledge.
I have had tarantulas for 20+ years and have had many other pets. Married, likes hockey and I have a little Pug who is the family clown :biggrin:

Arachnogal1955

Arachnopeon
Hi Cassandra!

Hi Cassandra and welcome. I am very very new to this too, being a former arachnophobe. In doing my research, I settled on the Curlyhair (B. albopilosum). It is supposed to be very hardy, docile, and a great beginner tarantula to start with. I got Suki as a baby (she is still very tiny), and it is fun to watch her grow. I was one who was smitten by the more exotic, beautifully colored types, but I finally decided to get one that was pretty sturdy and calm. Read a lot and ask the experts here. This is a lot of fun, and I imagine it will quickly turn addictive. Good luck in your search. Let us know if you get one, and don't forget to post pics! :smile

Hello everyone!

I am Cassandra. I live in Arkansas. I have never owned any sort Tarantula or anything similar. I am very interested in owning my first Tarantula. Just kind of doing my research right now.

darkeye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OMG! He's back?

Hey all you arachno-folks.
I've been gone a long time, and my collection has all but vanished, but I'm back.

Can't wait to get back in the swing of things here and on the FB page...

Love to all.

Martin

Cloudk

Arachnopeon
Hi. Well. I found a sun spider in my house a little more than 5 months ago. Its molting for the first time(i think) and i'm worried about how long its taking and was referred to this site! He's my only arachnid but would like to keep more in the future. I look forward to learning more! Oh. I also kept a wild scorpion that stung me. He only lived for about 2months. I didn't do extra research, just went along with my knowledge of their wild counterparts. Idk why the scorpion died, came in and he was laying dead on his rock :(. Anyway. In general my knowledge is rounded, but i want more detailed information. I hope i can learn alot from experienced keepers. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Tarentum

Arachnopeon
Introduction

Hi. We are a family who are dedicated to the progress and well being of all tarantulas. Our purpose for joining this forum is to have a network of communication with people who share the same interest for tarantulas as we do.

kwacky

Arachnosquire
Hi folks

Real name Richard but almost everyone calls me Kwacky. I'm into sportsbikes and my first bike was a Kawasaki. The nickname stuck.

41 years young, Birmingham UK.

Getting back into the T keeping hobby. I've told my wife I'm only getting the one and not the 30+ I used to have. We'll see how long that lasts :D

Anyway, it's my shout at the bar. What you drinking?