Introduce Yourself

Boatman

Arachnosquire
Hi, All-

I'm Mark (37) from NJ USA. "My son and I" currently have 5 Ts and a AZ Desert Hairy scorp. We got our first inverts a couple of years ago. We took a break from adding to our collection for a while, but it has grown a lot in the last couple of months. My wife is ooookaayyy with the collection. At least I can point to you 30+ T owners when she complains about me getting "a couple more" :biggrin:

MissesShell

Arachnopeon
Hello!

My name is Michelle. Just recently got into T's. Former arachnophobe. Now proud care taker to 8 T's and always looking for more. I'm anxious to learn everything there is to know.
Other than my 8 legged friends I (WE...as in my husband & I) keep ball pythons, corn snakes, a cali king, rats, mice and the revolving door of critters includes just about everything in between. :)

bigchin

Arachnopeon
EIGHT LEGGED FIEND in SO CAL.

I am not a breeder but I admire, fear, loathe, and enjoy keeping tarantulas and other invertebrates. I run a small respectable shop in so cal but have a good group of tarantulas that I call my own. I'm always in the mood for sharing on-line about information, especially learning from those who know more and are willing to share. MY FAVS are
Brazilian Black
Peruvian Steely Blue Bird-eaters
King Baboons
Indian Ornamentals
and Mantids

chin

LisaLQ

Arachnopeon
Hi :geek:

I'm Lisa, I'm *mumble34mumble* and I live in Newcastle, in the UK. Just moved here (although my family is from here originally) due to my marriage ending (17 years together, it's all a bit weird being single and old!). I have 5 children - two teenage daughters, and triplet 9 year olds.

Not currently a spider owner, although I do keep snakes and rats (although before the logical conclusion is jumped to, I don't keep the rats FOR the snakes, if you get me - rats came first, and are pets). Also got a strange stalker cat by the name of Mork.

Looking into getting my first tarantula. My ex used to keep tarantulas 10 years ago (just a chile rose, an arsey red rump and a tiny b. emilia), and as a spider phobic, I wasn't so keen back then. However, my sister now keeps Ts, and I'm fascinated.

Looking into what species to get, I have a thing about pretty legs or glove puppet like chunkyness, so my initial "wants" are b. auratum, g. pulchra or b. boehmei....but they're just ideas, not set in stone.

Anyhoo - waffled enough, housework to do - nice to meet you all :biggrin:

hydrophyte

Arachnoknight
New member from Wisconsin, USA

Hi everybody! I just signed up. I am not currently keeping any spiders--I am more of a plant hobbyist--but I am getting set up for an Avicularia that I am getting soon in trade.

I might have questions and updates to post sometime soon.

melijoc

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is joe. Very addicted to terrestrial ts. Got my g rosea about 8 months ago and now i have 20 woulda been 22 but two died on me. I also sell ts and trade here at the forum. If you have any terrestrial ts that you might wanna sell or trade pm me we might be able to work something out

vixsta

Arachnopeon
Hi!

Hi!

I'm Vicky and I'm from Sheffield, England.

My fiancé and I have been keeping Ts for 3 months and have 9 already and have been interested in them for as long as I can remember. I really love these (not so) little creatures.

Gotta get ready for work now so, bye! :(

ViciousVixen

Arachnopeon
Heyho!

I just signed in and want to intruduce myself.
Guess I have to appologize for my English....
I´m Jill,24, from Südhorsten, a small village in western Germany.
I´ve got following pets: Tarantulas: Avicularia metallica & A. purpurea, Brachypelma albopilosum & B. smithi, Grammostola rosea, Nhandu chromatus, Lasiodora parahybana, Poecilotheria metallica,Pamphobeteus platyomma,Psalmopoeus cambridgei and Heteroscodrea maculata.
Other pets: afish, a bearded dragon, two kornsnakes and three dogs.
I´m looking forward to meeting other people who love bird spiders like I do....

Everyone´s welcome to send me a message !!!

Yours Jill

abryan1992

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone my name is Amanda and I am from Illinois in the USA. I am only 20, starting my hobby in T's. I currently have a Grammastola Rosea(Aragog is his name) and my second Avicularia avicularia(currently a no name) after my first passed away. I also enjoy clothes, fashion, music, painting, drawing, reading, and spending time with my family, boyfriend, and friends. I am new to tarantulas, and would love to know more and more about them. Anyone is welcome to message me and enlighten me about T's!

Amanda

emc37

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm Elena, age 21, full time student, & relatively new to Ts (been collecting for ~2 yrs, & currently have 14 Ts). I've been active on the ATS forums for ~1 yr and am looking to branch out & make more connections with fellow arachnophiles =) I'm especially looking to buy a T. elenae, as it's my namesake tarantula, & it's also reddish/orange (like my hair!). I'm glad to be here in a community full of people who have a passion for the hobby & understand "the addiction!" ;D

swithers

Arachnopeon
Hi! Long time T-admirer looking to finally get one. I'm Suzanne from Alberta Canada; nice to be here!

RiddleReptiles

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone my name is Kirk riddle 23, I am from Ontario Canada. I am honestly a slight arachnophob, but at the same time very interested in these gorgeous/ scary creatures. My dad keeps a g rosea, who I slightly look after. I have no t's yet but have worked with reptiles for about 10 years now. Mainly focusing on arboreal and large snakes ie. retics, scrubs, emerald trees. As well as a strong love for varanids(monitors) I have kept ackies all the way up to crocodile monitors as well as dart frogs currently have 5 dendrobrates azueras. Looking into keeping a few t's in the future
Take care
Kirk.

ArachnoEvans

Arachnopeon
Hi

Hi my name is Callum Evans, I'm from Preston England. I currently own 3 tarantulas; A sub adult G.rosea RCF, 1cm GBB sling and a juvenile Lasiodora Parahybana. I have always been interested in insects and arachnids since i was a young boy since I'm only 15. I also own a Female Adult Asian Forest Scorpian but it's too mean to handle. I regulary hold all of my T's and I hope to learn a lot more about tarantulas and i also don't know any of sexes of my T's but I'm 85% that my G.rosea is a female and same with my LP.

jreidsma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi everyone :)

I usually don't do an introducing thread when I join somewhere. I just jump in and start posting, but here we go anyways ;)

I have always loved animals, still now. I am still a teenager (at 16 years old).

I collect and raise exotic plants and animals. Mainly succulent plants but I am getting a passiflora online today and some more Tillandsias. I have quite a few fish, they are all on my user page.

Right now the only inverts I have are my new darkling beetles (from Bugs in Cyberspace) and my emperor scorpion. I sexed the scorpion as a male. I used to have a female Chilean rose tarantula, which I also sexed myself when it molted. But I guess the pet store I got it from got it from the wild or something because I only had it a couple years.

I am hoping to get some more inverts soon, I will just have to wait and see what I find. My mom is kind of not wanting me to get more, but how can you say no to a cute little tarantula ;)

I am also quite into computers, mainly Linux.

Spinster

Arachnosquire
Hello,

My name is Patti. I've been an animal lover for all of my (umm long) life. I grew up trying to raise baby birds that fell out of the nest, and catching insects to put in spider's webs so I could watch how the spiders ate them. I was the one who clipped nails, gave pills and took care of anything else nobody wanted to do with the animals. We had all sorts of pets, from cats and dogs to rodents, cavies, birds and turtles.

I now have 2 T's: A juvenile G. Rosea, unsexed (Zsa Zsa) and a juvenile B. smithi, F. (Renee). I've also ordered a juvenile B. vagans female, being shipped to me next week. And did I mention that my rosey is my first T, and that I bought "her" last week? :eek:

My other pets: 3 cats, 2 dogs and a Ball python. They keep me busy.

I'm looking forward to learning more about Tarantulas and occasionally putting in my two cents (when I can make change LOL) on these boards!

T DADDY

Arachnopeon
introducing myself

Hello fellow hobbyists, my name is Curt.
oh I love any kind of exotic pet, especially tarantulas, 15 years ago, I had Tarantulas. I have 10 T's that I am enjoying very much. I am getting ready to step back into husbandry of all forms of T's. I live next to the mountains, and I have 1200 ft.² of my house dedicated to breeding tarantulas. My personal possession of tarantulas are a Grammostola rosea, p.regalis,p. striata, p. facaita, h maculata, psalmopoeus cambridgei, haplopelma lavidium, avicularia avicularia and two pterinochilus murinus.

my goal is to turn my 1200 ft.² of available space into a very large personal museum and breeding ground. Over the next couple of years I will have constructed wall size shelving throughout the space, including ICU island and a terrarium construction room and a room solely dedicated for incubation. Tarantulas for me is like being addicted to drugs, laugh out loud. I study tarantulas, just about every night and I do not believe I would never stop learning. My friends and family think I'm crazy, I think it is wonderful. All my rooms are going to be completely climatic controlled for every T's need. I plan to make video of every step I take to constructing this and sharing it with everyone.

ozzytoys

Arachnopeon
hello, i'm ozzy. male. 29. utah. i play heroclix, make monsters, and love my pets.

i currently care for 2 red eared slider aquatic turtles (1 male, been together 10 years now, and 1 female), 2 chinese soft-shelled aquatic turtles (1 male, 1 female), a cat, and 2 tarantulas. the first is a chilean rose, and i just got a goliath bird eating. the goliath is small, maybe 3.5".
(oh, my room mate has 3 dogs, which i feed and walk)

this is me, i am ozzy. thank you.

Udo Schutte

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I'm Udo, 33 from Holland.
I'm kinda new to the Spider-world and actually am affraid of spiders. Weird part is that I love spiders to, as long as they are behind glass. Only exception so far are the cute little jumping spiders, who don't scare me at all.

I'm a reptile-lover with a passion for venomous snakes and as you all know; spiders and reptiles are often on the same fairs...
Another of my passions is photography and lately i'm really in to macro-photography, which is of course great for spider-pictures. I'm hoping to learn a lot here and it would be nice if you enjoy watching my pictures...