need infos about Thrixopelma ockerti

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anyone here has some information about thrixopelma ockert?

Is it terrestrial, burrower, arboreal? Does it need a lot of humidity? Warm temperature? Is it an aggressive, defensive or docile?

Basically is it easy to care for?

Im asking all those questions because i couldn't find any information about caring for this species. :(

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyone here has some information about thrixopelma ockert?

Is it terrestrial, burrower, arboreal? Does it need a lot of humidity? Warm temperature? Is it an aggressive, defensive or docile?

Basically is it easy to care for?

Im asking all those questions because i couldn't find any information about caring for this species. :(
hi! yes that is a nice and RARE species.. ;)

it is a terrestrial. i think if given the chance, it would take to a burrow or hide, however i used to own a Thrixopelma cyaneolum female, and she stayed in plain sight constantly. not sure if all thrixopelma are like that, but mine was.

i'd keep the substrate dry with a medium sized water bowl filled with water. should be fine.

yes it likes warm temps, i kept mine around 75F-80F (my T room stayed between those temps)

they are usually very docile, though they'll flick hairs sometimes. for example, when i opened my cyaneolum's cage, she'd sit still. when i tried to scoop her up, she'd run a little bit while flicking hairs.. then once i got my hand up under her, she'd chill out and i could hold her, with her walking around slowly on my hand.

yep, they are pretty simple to care for. :D

if you get one, you better show us some pics! thrixopelma is a nice genus!
maybe jeremy (cheetah13mo) could chime in.. he owns a lot of thrixopelma's, more than i ever have

--dan--

Last edited:

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks for help

Thank you very much for the help, i will surely get it this week then!:)

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Dan pretty much covered it.
One more thing to add. When I open the deli cup, my little sling will stick it's butt in the air. It's pretty cute:D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if you get one, you better show us some pics! thrixopelma is a nice genus!
maybe jeremy (cheetah13mo) could chime in.. he owns a lot of thrixopelma's, more than i ever have

--dan--
Thanks Dan. Good job too. I don't have much to add to what anyone else has said. The only thing I'll add is that all Thrixoplema can be kept in the same manner. Based on that, I'll post this link to a write up I did for Thrixopelma pruriens. All Thrixs can be kept the same way. Congrats on the ockerti. Very nice looking T.

Thrixopelma pruriens care and info

Last edited:

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well thanks a lot ppl for the great help!!! Really appreciated! I will surely get my spideling today!!! YAY! :) :) :)

WRXspecR1

Arachnopeon
Hi Dreamslave, congradulation this is a nice specie. I got a T. ockerti from Tarcan some months ago. All I can say so far is that they have a great appetite and love to kick hairs.

Btw I'm from quebec, if you have more question you can send me a pm.

here's mine:

One molt later:

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WRXspecR1... you make me jealous! :drool:

-dan-

spiders4life

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey I kan join on this one {D

T ockerti

Ill post som T pruriens pics when i get the one i have ordered on Friday;)

Congrats with your specimen og this cool spider Dreamslave.

Regards Mikael

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'll probably catch it for not using the search engine, but is this an Australian species? I've never heard of it.

--the nature boy

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey WRX, The colors of your T. ockerti are awesome after the molt. I didn't know it could look like that!

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've heard these have been found living an arboreal lifestyle in the wild... I can't think of the source right now, but I'm certain I've heard this from a credible person.

Eric

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've heard these have been found living an arboreal lifestyle in the wild... I can't think of the source right now, but I'm certain I've heard this from a credible person.

Eric
awesome! :D

dan