Is this Chacco Gravid OR Just Healthy???

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I she too big or what? Experts Pls tell me.... Is it P90x time.... or she just a happy eater and she would do just fine???

rh side view

lh side view

other views

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Imo:

She doesn't appear to be mature yet, therefore she can't be gravid. She does look very well fed, which is acceptable for this slow-growing species.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hmmm...well to me it looks like she is fixing to molt honestly, but she isnt much of a "kicker" so its hard to see the tale tale dark patch.

Gaston

Arachnopeon
WOW!!!! :eek:
This chaco is very fat!!!! {D
she is not adult, only fed, fed and more fed....

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
she prolly about 1.5 from top carapace to bottom abdomen max.... she's a juvi stil.... so do i keep feeding or start fasting????

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
you could wait until she molts before you feed her again.

whats her feeding schedule like?

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wow, I think you take the prize for fastest T.:eek: I would slow down on the feeding.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i give her about 2-3 med size crickets every 2-3 days... am i feeding her too much??????... she never leaves any remains..... but what i noticed is that she just recently dug her self a corner, and she curled up in it......i think she about to molt...

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
1-2 crickets a week is fine. and when you say curled up do you mean tucked her legs in over her carapace or culled under her?

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i give her about 2-3 med size crickets every 2-3 days... am i feeding her too much??????... she never leaves any remains..... but what i noticed is that she just recently dug her self a corner, and she curled up in it......i think she about to molt...
She very well could be preparing to molt. I think it might be wise to put her on a diet maybe 1 or 2 crickets a feeding and once a week. I would make her fast for a few weeks before you start the new feeding regimen. It's not that she's not healthy right now I just think it might be a bit easier for her get around if there was a little less of her.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
1-2 crickets a week is fine. and when you say curled up do you mean tucked her legs in over her carapace or culled under her?
it's curled over....not under like a death curl.... im prolly gonna put her on a diet now.. ill fast her for about two weeks and see what happens.. also ill take a pic and show you guys what im talking about....

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
at that size you could fast her untill she molts and then start the right diet. she has plenty to hold her over till then.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
at that size you could fast her untill she molts and then start the right diet. she has plenty to hold her over till then.
i think your right... she's due for a diet... then i'll start from scratch... thanks for the advice....

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OMG that t is huge! I cant even get my chacos to eat regularly. I think its because they dont prefer to eat dubia. I may try feeding them my b lateralis. Apparantly they love crickets.

Rupert

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She does look a bit big but I wouldn't worry, if you start fasting I would watch because my T was looking a bit fat so I started fasting and cut his food right down then he moulted and never eat for about 3.5 weeks and when he come out of molt he was dangerously small and Im still trying to feed him back upto a good size of what I was told 2.5 times the carcase,

continue from that does anyone have any idea how to fatten him up as its been awhile Ive been feeding twice a week now and results are slow, Im talking weeks

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I really don't understand why you guys are laughing at this. That is horribly fat T that is in severe danger of rupturing from the slightest fall. I wouldn't call that healthy at all.

Rupert

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I really don't understand why you guys are laughing at this. That is horribly fat T that is in severe danger of rupturing from the slightest fall. I wouldn't call that healthy at all.
Theres a chance she will get stuck severely during next molt aswell at that size, it is dangerous to let the T grow to that size, people only learn from mistakes