Is this Chacco Gravid OR Just Healthy???

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey all... just an up date on the golden chacco.. i showed u guys... i have changed her eating sched and since then she had gone thru two molts these past few month's anyways pics will be posted soon... tnx for all thee feed back everyone...

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
she prolly about 1.5 from top carapace to bottom abdomen max.... she's a juvi stil.... so do i keep feeding or start fasting????
i dont really get why measure the tarantula from carapace to bottom of abdomen, i just dont get it :wall:

if its for determining maturity, then my 5''DLS vagans is more mature than my 6''+ chaco? coz my vagans is 2.75'' (very fat, hoping shes gravid mated 2months ago) carapace to bottom of abdomen while my chaco is just 2.25''

anyways, she cant be gravid guessing from the picture she was 3''-3.5'' or so.
good to know she's doing great now

good luck and be patient {D

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
pic update....

HERE ARE THE UPDATED PICS... TAKEN AN HOUR AGO...

Last edited:

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i dont really get why measure the tarantula from carapace to bottom of abdomen, i just dont get it :wall:
{D
Pare... i know DLS is the right way to measure i was just describing her measurement so ppl got an idea how big her abs where.... she's about 3.5-4.0" dsl now... but first post photos, she was prolly 2.5 at max

Xian

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that alot of the scientific community measures body length. I've read books that just gave the body length as a measurement.
Your T is looking better, still on the chubby side. But not as bad as it was before.:)

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
tnx.. xian she's still quite the chubster.... lol she's lookin more sexy now tho....:p i know this measurements aghhh...

Jayvicularia

Small Batch Seller
I have noticed that my Chaco will turn down appropriate size dubia then jump on a mealworm or cricket. Mine has been a very good eater and fast growing the first year. It's about 3 1/2 inches after molting 2 days ago. I feed mine 1 cricket every 3 days.

cold blood

Staff member
I have noticed that my Chaco will turn down appropriate size dubia then jump on a mealworm or cricket. Mine has been a very good eater and fast growing the first year. It's about 3 1/2 inches after molting 2 days ago. I feed mine 1 cricket every 3 days.
fwiw, this thread died 8 years ago...most of these people aren't even around any more.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Uh... dude?