my new lieosoma

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
finally, my first african buthid! and what a satisfying first he is! still has quite a bit of growing to do (only 2.5-3" right now) but i love him!

buthid empire forever!!!

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wtf am i doing wrong? when I take pics they look like a drunk puked on the lens.

ScorpZion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awsome mang

very nice pics i take my hat off to you well done, im planning on getting a couple of bicolors next week

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats!, and very good photos. I really like that soil with the debris/leaf litter, quite appropriate. :)

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OneSickPuppy said:
wtf am i doing wrong? when I take pics they look like a drunk puked on the lens.
you get what you pay for as the cliche goes

greenfiremajick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very nice....

pandinus said:
finally, my first african buthid! and what a satisfying first he is! still has quite a bit of growing to do (only 2.5-3" right now) but i love him!

buthid empire forever!!!

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Fluid Filter said:
you get what you pay for as the cliche goes
actually, the camera i use is pretty outdated, and overall sucks! yyou just have to work hard at it

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OneSickPuppy said:
macro setting correct?

also, it seems like some cameras can't zoom when in macro mode

oh... do you *have* a macro mode? that lets the camera accurately focus on stuff that's like 6-18" inches away (16 - 50cm)

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yea, i use my macro setting, and zoom. the trick is lighting. macro requires good lighting.

this guy is hard to get a decnt photo of!

ink_scorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
brilliant pectine shot in pic #2!!
And although it's hard to judge the actual length of them, you can see the length of the teeth. My guess is it's a boy! :D And a good lookin' little guy at that! :worship: :drool:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yea and a very young one at that! good buy

(old speicmens normally have worn pectines :()

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
everyone loves a show off when it comes to pics like that. absolutely awesome pics ... now I hate you.

im using a sony cybershot dsc-p30. could be worse. its got macro and everything ... even an mpeg maker. I just havent mastered lighting I guess. anyone wanna teach me macro photography and lighting 101? I bought it for my car dealership so ive never had to worry about proper lighting and macro photos.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
OneSickPuppy said:
everyone loves a show off when it comes to pics like that. absolutely awesome pics ... now I hate you.

im using a sony cybershot dsc-p30. could be worse. its got macro and everything ... even an mpeg maker. I just havent mastered lighting I guess. anyone wanna teach me macro photography and lighting 101? I bought it for my car dealership so ive never had to worry about proper lighting and macro photos.
hi
i have the P-92 or w/e its called, so very similar to yous i think (10cm macro)

i found it takes better pics when outdoors, though i still cant get good pics ;(

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ive got a few good pics ... about 1 in every 10 turns out good. I need to get a better understanding of lighting obviously. since a percentage of my pics turn out pretty good and 1% turn out stunning, i think its the user, not the camera. maybe kidnapping pandinus until he teaches us how to take good pics would work better than classes.