my new lieosoma

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
stop that damnet. if he aint dead yet dont give up. is your temp and humidity right? shame on you people. theres still a chance.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
update:

i moved my fading friend to an ICU. a sterile delicup with damp paper towels lining the inside, hid in a dark spot. patient does seem to have shown some improvement. when stimulated, the scorp now twitches slightly, and seems a little better. is it possible that it is suffering from extreme dehydration due to the transportation process? if so, all i can do is keep him in the ICU and prey that the damage doone is not irreversible. please keep my lieosoma in yoour prayers, and pray that it recovers. i will be absolutely crushed if it dies.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hi
same thing happened to a B.barbouri of mine
it was fine after shipping, but i didnt give it water, and it died too

it twitched for about 5 days, so dont get your hopes up :(
you have offered it water now?

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it doesnt seem strong enough to drink. So i put it in a humid ICU, and hope that this will hydrate it enough to where it can move again.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi
I had the same problem with a compsobuthus sp. sent to me, I tried putting it a very humid enclousure and even spraying water onto the chelicera, however to no avail though it hung on for 3 days. Scorpions probably don't feel pain, but you might consider putting it down.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
pandinus said:
update:

i moved my fading friend to an ICU. a sterile delicup with damp paper towels lining the inside, hid in a dark spot. patient does seem to have shown some improvement. when stimulated, the scorp now twitches slightly, and seems a little better. is it possible that it is suffering from extreme dehydration due to the transportation process? if so, all i can do is keep him in the ICU and prey that the damage doone is not irreversible. please keep my lieosoma in yoour prayers, and pray that it recovers. i will be absolutely crushed if it dies.
John, I sincerly hope it survives, very sorry to hear of this news. One method I have used in the past with sick scorpions, is to take a 1/4 inch, flat-ended plastic rod and dip it into some water. When dipped and held vertically, the end will hold a nice sized drop of water. Lower the drop to make contact with the chelicera and it will flow to the scorpion's mouth, in nearly all cases, they will drink.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
update:
i dont want to jinx it, but i think the little guy wil be alright. itt still wont ddrink water dopped on it's cheliceria, but it seemed much more active, and even gave me a threat posture! i will leave him in the ICU one more night just to be safe though.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Update:
the little guy is out of the ICU and has been moved to a rehab unit for oobservation. i think he'll be just fine thanx tto fast thinking and all the knowledge and advice i have amassed here on AB over the ages. Thank you all for your input, advice and concern. he even felt better enough to charge me when tranferring him. :wall:

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
pandinus said:
Update:
the little guy is out of the ICU and has been moved to a rehab unit for oobservation. i think he'll be just fine thanx tto fast thinking and all the knowledge and advice i have amassed here on AB over the ages. Thank you all for your input, advice and concern. he even felt better enough to charge me when tranferring him. :wall:
I'm very happy to here this good news my friend, hope he makes a full recovery and thrives from this day forth. :)

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
whatever you do, dont show him the bill for his hospital visit. he will die of heartstop for sure.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Final update??

he went home today and was safe iinside his enclosure after an attempted escape. hopes are high that there was no permanent damage.

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
pandinus said:
Final update??

he went home today and was safe iinside his enclosure after an attempted escape. hopes are high that there was no permanent damage.
Great, I'm praying he continues to do well. :)

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

I'm wondering, whats that thing beneath the rock, next to its right-end leg?

some sort of bug?

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
State Side we call them pill bugs or rolly pollies but i think they are isopods. Alot of them roll into a ball when they are disturbed.

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah oke. Those things can get huge :eek: It'll sure make me running hehehe

Those are scorp food or just fellow-residents in the terrarium

OneSickPuppy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the clean up crew. im having a hard time locating them for some reason right now. growing up they used to piss me off being everywhere when i was trying to catch snakes. nothing to be afraid of ... just annoying when your hunting to find everything but your quarry.

MattM

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool, so they take care of all the leftovers and stuff like that? Nice idea to put them in my terrariums then

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
sometimes, if you scorpions are small enough, they will BECOME leftovers :p
so be careful :p

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
all these pics are taken CAREFULLY outdoors, not in their enclosures

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had no idea those things got that big! Biggest one I've seen was probably about half an inch. Are you sure that's not a fake?