a. seemani not moving, eating.

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You may want to move it's water dish closer to the front end. The less it has to move the better, I think. Good luck!

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It looks like the start of a pre- molt. Right now it doesn't matter if doesn't eat. I would not even drop any prey in for awhile. From the looks of it, your T really could not eat for months! If not from over feeding it, then perhaps it had a good long drink. Mine usually hangs out by her water dish. Not only could I tell by the way she darkened up that she was going to molt, but also her coloring gets very very light. She is more on the blue side after she has molted. This last molt she stood upright. Some other ones of mine had done this, but it was the 1st time she has ever molted upright. Since 3 weeks ago she still has not eaten, but drinks alot of water. She is nearly 5 years old now. I got her as a gift......

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
dagum, that spider is obese. i definitely would not feed that thing for a loooooonnnnnggggg time. does not look like it is going to be molting anytime soon. the abdomen is too light. all of my slings' abdomens darken up before they molt.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea, stop feeding it. Its basically the arachnid equivalent of Marlon Brando now. It may even retain a lot of that weight after the molt, so you should slow down its feeding regimen even after it molts. Just be sure it stays hydrated.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats one fat ( t ) you got there any way good luck to you and it -- phil

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
big butt

Wow, that Ts been munching pretty good apparently. Im surprised it got that huge without starting to reject food. I didnt think Ts would eat that excessively. Best to quit feeding at all, and wait for her to slim down some. She is in danger of a rupture. Hopefully she wont try climbing for awhile:eek:

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
fat ass spider

i hope that you named that thing bubble butt or fat ass or even cartman, would be very fitting, or if its a female rosie o'donnal

tarangela2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yikes!

well you already know don't feed it anymore but i think it looks REALLY stressed out. i suggest covering the enclosure with a towel to help keep it dark and quiet and maybe the T will relax. keep the water dish full but try not to disturb the poor thing for a few weeks.

OH - and don't feed it!

i had an a seemani that was a little 'overweight' when i acquired it but this guy wouldn't eat and didn't eat for almost three months so don't feed it! :D

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
aside from not feeding it.. I would almost think at 2 crickets a week it would still take a long time to get that fat.. perhaps (as mentioned) it has an impaction or something else is wrong because I just cant imagine a spider becoming THAT obese. whats the leg span? when did you get it? has it ever molted in your care?
and do you know for sure it isnt WC?

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Can Ts even GET impactions? Considering that they live on a liquid diet, it should be impossible for any solid matter to get into their guts in the first place. :?

Ericboy

Arachnopeon
now thats what i call BIG :eek:

i powerfeed some of my slings like 1 cricket a day for more than a week, but it doesnt get big like that? well, goodluck to u, hope ur problem be solved soon :razz:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can Ts even GET impactions? Considering that they live on a liquid diet, it should be impossible for any solid matter to get into their guts in the first place. :?

They can...I've heard of it happening. I'm not too sure exactly how, but I know it does happen.

I have a G. aureostriata that I haven't fed for nearly three months now because I thought it was getting too fat.

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
huh, impaction. my iguana became impacted once due to having this odd desire to eat carpet fibers. the fibers built up and created a blockage. fortunately, an enema was able to correct it rather than surgery. too bad that neither solution would work on a T.

my g. aureo is beginning to go on a diet because the dang thing is just getting a tad on the hefty side. same as my b. emilia. i feed them once a week and yet they get bigger and bigger regardless of the size of the food item. probably won't be feeding them until they molt. they should be molting sometime soon, i hope. been about 6-8 months since the last molt for both of them.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i feed them once a week and yet they get bigger and bigger regardless of the size of the food item.
Generally speaking, Ts don't lose much weight or get rid of much that they eat (they poop very rarely, comparatively speaking) until they molt. Think of it like storing up a bunch of energy so they can power the increase in size and stuff. That's why their butts are always so much smaller afterwards. :)

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i know there are varying opinions about feeding frequency, personally, it sounds as if i should feed them till the abdomen gets large and then stop feeding and resume feeding after they molt. mine appear to have plenty of energy and i should be expecting a decent increase in size after the molt.

ribnum

Arachnopeon
i also have seen

wow its quite large..i have seen that your water dish have soil..make you waterdish always clean to avoid parasites.make it also full to maintain humidity...