A. Seemani

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is the best way to house a A. seemani? And what are some good facts to know about his species. And I try to post pics but it just shows a red x.

Here is the url. http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture004ea4.jpg
The same way you would house a Rosea. Here's the started links.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=40987
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=5292

A basic set up of suggested substrate (The empty space in enclosure should be no more than 1.5 X the length of the T's leg span) fresh water, and a hide. Size of enclosure varies on your T size.

I know occasionally people will mist these species. I'd recommend not doing it often.

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks :D. I will start misting the cage atleast once every week. I usually keep the humidity 65% ( is this alright? )

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They like to burrow but if u want, provide a hide and he/she will probly stay in it. Subtrate shouldent be dry but not wet, just lightly moistend but more on the dry side. temp is pretty much standard as u can keep any t. They are hardy t's. Dont eat amazingly ammounts. they will go in premolt for sometime like a rosea. In general they are fairly simmlar to a rosea but they can burrow, Mine never did and just made use of a hide(the subtrate was there for a burrow thoe) They are a good for a 2nd or 3rd t for sure as they are a much faster then a rosea. Also they are pretty skitish so be carefull when ur doing stuff in her/his tank. it would suck to have it run out and into your house lol. Enjoy your seemani. they are beautiful spiders when full grown

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks :D. I will start misting the cage atleast once every week. I usually keep the humidity 65% ( is this alright? )
Actually dry substrate for this species is fine.

Humidity in all reality, is NOT the most important factor with a tarantula. (Obviously, there are species who prefer it a tad more.) But I'd say twice a week would be fine. In my opinion, this is more for the option of hydration than anything.

Or you could just make it easy, and flood the water dish once a week.

Substrate should NOT be moist.

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
did u find the t like that?. And in all raelity, humidty, subtrae dryness/wetness does not mkae a huge diffrence as in the wild it verrys often. But this it not the wild so we can control some things such as dryness of subtrate and so forth. So just keep it on dryish subtrate with maybe a ltitle moisture from spraying the tank every once and awhile. Have a waterdish adn dont really worry about the humidity. The humidexes are nto right half the time and its more hastle to sit thre trying to maintain perfect humidity lol

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no, it was in a deep burrow. i had to dig it out.
Again, this is my opinion from my experience and from what I've learned from others experiences as well.

Tarantulas are very obviously not kept in the same conditions as they would in their naturla habitat. In that sense, it can become redundant to point out things found in nature.

In MY experience with A Seemanis and from being around those who also have them, I've never seen them kept at a high or even moderate humidity level. Just because you CAN keep something alive a specific way, doesn't necessarily mean you should, or that it's benefiting the creature.

Last edited:

GootySapphire

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Again, this is my opinion from my experience and from what I've learned from others experiences as well.

Tarantulas are very obviously not kept in the same conditions as they would in their naturla habitat. In that sense, it can become redundant to point out things found in nature.

In MY experience with A Seemanis and from being around those who also have them, I've never seen them kept at a high or even moderate humidity level. Just because you CAN keep something alive a specific way, doesn't necessarily mean you should, or that it's benefiting the creature.
OH MY GOD, where's the spelling/grammar police on this paragraph?!?!

GForce14063

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have had one for over a year now I keep it the same way as my rosey misted every once and awhile with clean water and a hide pretty simple.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OH MY GOD, where's the spelling/grammar police on this paragraph?!?!
Everyone's over the net drama,I suggest you do so as well.
For you, and others, to hold such a volatile grudge against someone ON THE INTERNET, is someone ackward and un-necessary.
If you have something to say or an issue that you feel needs to be attended to, feel free to PM me.
I've opted to keep this crap off the boards, as no one else cares.

Back to the original thread now.

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Everyone's over the net drama,I suggest you do so as well.
For you, and others, to hold such a volatile grudge against someone ON THE INTERNET, is someone ackward and un-necessary.
If you have something to say or an issue that you feel needs to be attended to, feel free to PM me.
I've opted to keep this crap off the boards, as no one else cares.

Back to the original thread now.
its funny how u say this but i see u starting stuff with peoples grammer. especialy mine xD!

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
its funny how u say this but i see u starting stuff with peoples grammer. especialy mine xD!
I don't know what's going on here, but I don't see *her* bringing some kind of juvenile grudge match into this thread - just you two. I imagine the admins will see the same thing.

GootySapphire

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't know what's going on here, but I don't see *her* bringing some kind of juvenile grudge match into this thread - just you two. I imagine the admins will see the same thing.
I have sent her a personal message to discuss things like adults, outside of the thread.