[Warning] Admin Warning: juiiolp009 - Scam Alert!

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
It has been brought to our attention that the user "juiiolp009l" is stating that they are in the US (Atlanta, GA), when their IPs are, now, clearly showing that they are not. We would like to warn everyone against doing business with this user.

In addition to this, they have been reaching out to users who have "wanted ads" with the same conversation:

Juiopp98 has {wanted ad title} for sale with a cheaper price But i'm not around right now, I couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should email him and see if he still have it for sale
Here's his Email luizmario7789@gmail.com
When contacted that person provides the following information:

“Luiz Mario” at 309 Saint James Dr., Edmond, OK 73034, Phone: 539.200.0169, and accepts payment through paypal at Tom Stuessy, email: STUESSY305@GMAIL.COM

Hopefully no one was caught by this. Please let this serve as a reminder to ALWAYS double and triple check someone new you are considering to do business with. If it sounds "fishy" and "too good to be true", 9 out of 10 times it most likely is, unfortunately. Please be careful.

The user has been permanently banned from this site.

A HUGE thanks to the person that brought this to our attention. You know who you are. ;)

Debby and Scott

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
I would like to add to the above with some of the things that make us take pause, appear suspicious, and stand out as "Red Flags".

- This user is brand spanking new to AB, as they just joined this past Sunday, Nov 26th, 2023.

- The only post they have says "welcome" in the introduce yourself thread, without quoting or responding to anyone specific; and it was moments after they just joined themselves. They did not even introduce themself. We find this to be odd behavior, as it seems they were trying to appear as an established member that participates.

- This user is initiating contact (with a copy and paste stock message), stating that "someone they know" has what you are looking for. Basically trying to solicit you privately, preying on your wanted ad.

- This person asked for payment via PayPal using "friends and family". If you do not already know, this option leaves you with NO recourse at all.

- There is NO user named "Juiopp98" that they are referring to in their messages. Yet this name is almost identical to their own user name.

- The PayPal name and email address are completely different from the contact information, that you are instructed to reach out to, in their correspondences. When information starts changing, that should put you on alert.

Please do not get me wrong. Just because someone is new to the website (or reaches out to you in regards to your wanted ad), does not mean that they are a scammer. That is just part of it. That, plus all of the other signs in conjunction, when lumped together, are one big Red Flag to us.

Unfortunately, some people will try anything to separate you from your money. If something seems odd, ask yourself why. Don't be afraid to ask questions, ask for references, then ask even more questions. This is one of the reasons why we created the Inquiry forum and the Reviews section.

Please exercise caution, do your due diligence.

Debby

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
There's been several times within the sporadic visits of my short time here, that this board's management has managed to stave off predation on it's members through any number of means of fraud.
This is a real challenge in places like this, & the effectiveness with which it's addressed here should be commended, from mods to admins.