Advices needed on upgrading the enclosure

Shaydd

Arachnopeon
Hello, I need some advices on what should I add or modify in my Brachypelma Hamorii's enclosure. As you can see, she dug at the end of the bark and I thought about cutting the cork bark in half because it's a tube or buying a new hide already in half. I'm also going to move the water tank so it isn't in the way and I thought about putting a smaller hide or something for the decor but I don't know if it's a good idea.

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Half round I prefer but I can’t find them cheap enough , if it’s using the current one then I don’t know about changing it . Most my Ts don’t use hides.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
The bigger question is how much space is between the substrate and the top? Just basing off of the perspective in the picture, it’s a lot. If there is too much room and the spider decides to climb and fall it could rupture its abdomen.

As for the cork round, yeah just cut it in half. To be fair, if it has a place to hide and burrow and doesn’t use it, putting in more stuff will just clutter the space it does use. Just my 2¢

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Terrestrials will almost always prefer half rounds, you might see some digging if you cut it in half.

Several long term keepers here have said their brachypelma burrow, and it's a dumb personal goal of mine to get mine to, so I try to give them around 6-7" of substrate.

To further complicate things, some Ts won't use a dead ended hide, only if it has an entrance and an exit.

I'm stingy too, I try not to exceed 1x their diagonal leg span in fall space, so the distance from the lid to the dirt. It must be some unspoken law of attraction that the biggest bootied Ts like to climb the ceiling, I swear 🤣

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
Congratulations on Your New Eight Legged Wonder.
Keeping Tarantulas doesn't have to be expensive.
Take a Nature Walk, and You can gather just about everything Youll need, from Substrate to Dry Hardwood Bark etc.
Best Regards,