Albino?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He may have bought hem already preserved, alot of animals are preserved so they can note physical dimorphism between species, if you ever look at museum collection, 97% of all their preserved animals are bleached near pure white hair with skin and exoskeletons being orangy colour, YES this also goes for T's

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Yes, i know preserving chemicals can bleach. I just assumed he preserved them for research in albinism.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
he never said he preserved them...
BTW Volkervon you say you have a collection of preserved T's!?
how many?

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
None of my preserved specimens bleach, color morphs in invertebrates are definitly possible, including a lack of color. Google search for butterfly abberations and you'll find some of the more popular examples. Think about wood boring insect larvae. They are often white or light colored, while other larvae, even within the same family, are darkly colored. As for invertebrates lacking pigments, search cochineal pigments, you most likely ate some today. Not exactly on the cuticle, but a genetic change could stop them from producing it.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Gigus said:
he never said he preserved them...
BTW Volkervon you say you have a collection of preserved T's!?
how many?
'HE' as in WHOEVER preserved them.

Theraphosid Research Team

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,

I have examined a lot of Tarantula Typespecimen which are preserved in alcohol in the different Natural History Museums but I have never seen a Specimen which was "bleached". Usually they will lose their coloration to become reddish brown, but light coloration will be stable. If you take out Poecilotheria Typematerial which is more than 100 Yeras old from their alcoholic "grave" and will dry them, you will see that the white areas on the legs still be lighter in color than the darker bodyparts.

@Gigus:

My private collection includes more then 500 preserved Specimen of asian Theraphosidae!

Cheers, Volker

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
VolkervonWirth said:
My private collection includes more then 500 preserved Specimen of asian Theraphosidae!

Cheers, Volker
Err alot! and the BTS have a picture of a pocilotheria bleached, yes its not completely white but the colour has been bleached out

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
TheNatural said:
Im with Brian.
This is an example of a post molt roach, like a cricket ..looks like an albino.

awesome cricket! congratulations on the molt:clap: , do you know what sex it is?

j/k {D {D

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scolopendra55 said:
How would you selectivly breed a T to become albino?
I suppose youd first need to find an albino T and good luck with that,
Followed by a hell of a lot of inbreeding