Amblypygi - whip spiders

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks, so the adults won't harm the babies.

I don't think anyone has so much species! I'd like to keep a Phrynicus or Euphrynicus species, but don't know where to get them. Do you have any surplus?;)

Mark
hi,
yes the adults will normaly not kill the youngs, they are very social, as you can read also in...

RAYOR Linds S., TAYLOR Lisa Anne (2006): Social Behavior in Amblypygids, and a Reassessment of Arachnid Social Patterns. In: The Journal of Arachnology 34: 399-421
RAYOR, Linda S. (2002): Family ties (unexpected social behavior in an improbale arachnid, the whip spider
RAYOR Linds S., WALSH Rachel E. (2008): Kin discrimination in the amblypygid, Damon diadema. In: The Journal of Arachnology 36:336–343

i have some e.bacillifer for sale, and also p.orientalis, so in spring if the weather is fine, you can get some, or at the show in st.pölten- austria.

lukatsi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh, that would be great! I'll contact you when the weather turns good (I don't think I can to St. Pölten).

Mark

El Viejo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WOW! Those are beautiful critters, and the photography is outstanding. Congrats to all!!

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I might be getting a species from Peru soon. I'll post pics when they arrive. I'm excited.

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This may be my favorite thread on these boards. There are very many useful photos and helpful reference info. Thanks for all who participate!

Banshee05, you should have a book printed with all your great photos and associated information to each species. It could make a very nice compendium.

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
This may be my favorite thread on these boards. There are very many useful photos and helpful reference info. Thanks for all who participate!

Banshee05, you should have a book printed with all your great photos and associated information to each species. It could make a very nice compendium.
Hello,
this will me hopefully soon possible, but first i want to gratuate, then maybe a PhD and then i start writing books, hehe, cause earlier it isn't fair and not in my mind to tell others "how to do that" when i am still a "hobbiest".

@AbraxasComplex: what species? do you have pix? i mailed you some time ago, please answer ;)

here are two new pictures of p.longipes