amourexi or australis?

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
Bought what was labeled as Androctonus amourexi. Dealer told me that is what the import was labeled as but he honestly thought they are australis. Most of the pictures I have seen of both would lean me that direction as well. Any insight? I know the telson and metasoma are thicker in australis. EDIT: apologies for double post. It said first post failed and didn’t show it up.
IMG_8373.jpeg IMG_8369.jpeg IMG_8370.jpeg

Last edited:

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Androctonus australis the telson is slimmer than the fifth metasomal segment. Androctonus amoreuxi is not. This is one of the methods you can use to identify between most Parabuthus species and most Androctonus species too.

Last edited:

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
Androctonus australis the telson is slimmer than the fifth metasomal segment. Androctonus amoreuxi is not. This is one of the methods you can use to identify between most Parabuthus species and most Androctonus species too.
Thanks so much! Obviously the primary reason for wanting to know is, even though both are medically significant, I have heard that australis can be more dangerous. Also if i breed (or if she is a WC female and ends up brooding on me lol). I appreciate the info. Also I thought they deleted the other thread, so sorry if there was any confusion

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Thanks so much! Obviously the primary reason for wanting to know is, even though both are medically significant, I have heard that australis can be more dangerous. Also if i breed (or if she is a WC female and ends up brooding on me lol). I appreciate the info. Also I thought they deleted the other thread, so sorry if there was any confusion

Yes, Androctonus australis is one of the most dangerous scorpions in North Africa due to its toxicity and synanthropic nature.