Androctonus Mauretanicus

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is a shot of the mauretanicus I obtained from Botar:

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have been looking into getting my first "hot" scorp and am debating between a parabuthus sp perhaps leiosoma and an androctonus sp perhaps bicolor. How does the venom potency of these two scorpions compare to each other? and any recommendations twords one or the other would be great. Thanks.

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
siucfi said:
I have been looking into getting my first "hot" scorp and am debating between a parabuthus sp perhaps leiosoma and an androctonus sp perhaps bicolor. How does the venom potency of these two scorpions compare to each other? and any recommendations twords one or the other would be great. Thanks.
While I don't keep Androctonus(yet) I do have a Parabuthus trans, I think most on here will agree that the Parabuthus would be a better first between the two species. The bicolor is said to be very fast(from what I've read) along with a stronger venom (4) as opposed to the (3) for the Parabuthus, keep in mind that the P. trans is capable of spraying venom, not sure if the leiosoma capable of spraying or not.

Once again I'm nowhere even close to being an expert I'm just going by the research that I've done on here and from google.

Hope that helps. :)

Ps. That's a awesome looking scorp David. :clap:

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks. I was looking for a P. transvaalicus, but this one kind of fell into my lap so to speak. :)

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Snake_Eyes said:
While I don't keep Androctonus(yet) I do have a Parabuthus trans, I think most on here will agree that the Parabuthus would be a better first between the two species. The bicolor is said to be very fast(from what I've read) along with a stronger venom (4) as opposed to the (3) for the Parabuthus, keep in mind that the P. trans is capable of spraying venom, not sure if the leiosoma capable of spraying or not.

Once again I'm nowhere even close to being an expert I'm just going by the research that I've done on here and from google.

Hope that helps. :)

Ps. That's a awesome looking scorp David. :clap:

Thanks for the input I appreciate it, where does the 1-5 scale of venom potency come from?

Tipan

Arachnopeon
DavidBeard said:
Here is a shot of the mauretanicus I obtained from Botar:

WICKED PIC!!!

Man I cant wait to own one. Still no luck thus far. Im persistant though.

My New Panther Chameleon is arriving today so it looks like I will have to continue my search next week.

Xerotolerance

Arachnopeon
I recently got an A. mauritanicus from Botar also, and this guy is wicked. I have to restrain myself from feeding him too much, because he will eat every time I put food in the tank. And as far as them being fast, Mine actually teleported across the tank yesterday while I was watching him. Definately something to take the utmost of care with, but awesome scorps :D

Mike